View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2012, 05:01 PM
redriders180
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic1 View Post

Well... Yeah, i admit, it isn't good for those, but you can just do an action replay that overwrites the values in RAM.

Well, you know, its fairly easy to use the naming routine (the keyboard thing). Its just calling the routine with 2 parameters plus 2 optional (optinal depending on the type of usage = player, pokemon, box, mail). R0 is type of naming/usage, and R1 is the adress in RAM where the input is gonna be stored! This is a valuable info for you. You can store the adress of the var 8000 there and it will store 10 bytes (max letters) from the initial address onward (thus ending in var 8005, if i'm correct).

But hey, don't try to put everything in just 1 input. Make 3-4 inputs depending on your needs. I doubt 2 bytes are enough to store a pokemon species using the keyboard, because the keyboard doesn't have access to 255 different symbols (ok, what i'm tryin' to explain is a bit hard, and i don't know how to explain it well).

~Sonic1
I understand completely what you mean I had planned to make the script something with a maybe 4 or 5 inputs...I wanted complete control over species, IVs, moves, item held, and possibly nickname. How do you recommend I make this work, however? Would I have to make an ASM that just puts the ram offset into R1, then call the normal nicknaming special?

This brings up something else...If I just use the nickname keyboard, the text says "[pokemon's] Nickname?". If it's not hard, I'd like to make it say something else on it, otherwise I'm sure I could live with it.

Thank you for hatching the eggs!
Please view these dragons! Just click them and you're done!
If you don't help them grow up, they'll die...