View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2012, 05:51 PM
redriders180
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
Hmm the pointer to the egg script lies at 0x6d71c, the only data string that is just before that pointed to a script with the line 'fadesong 0x9AOD' which as far as I know doesn't exist - so looks like egg hatching is controlled by ASM.

Does anyone know where Egg-Step information is stored?

//

Been looking for possibly Egg-Step info, can't seem to find it anywhere o_o nobody lists it with species/etc. data, and I have looked around the areas with it to no avail (For example, I'm assuming Pikachu will have a value of '15' somewhere in it's data to signify 21 cycles for hatching. If that value was momentarily set to 0, I wonder if the egg would insta-hatch.
I think the egg to hatch is stored in a variable...I think it's 0x8004, but I don't know for sure. You wouldn't use special2, because that just specifies where the output goes, not what the input is. I believe the slot number of the egg is stored to 0x8004, and the egg hatch special is called.

Superfan of Pokemon Glazed? Click here to join the official Pokemon Glazed Facebook Page!

Thank you for hatching the eggs!
Please view these dragons! Just click them and you're done!
If you don't help them grow up, they'll die...