View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Eeveemaster9
Years of Lies

Nature: Timid
Send a message via AIM to Eeveemaster9 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Eeveemaster9 Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveemaster9
Chapter 4 - Somal - God District

I watched Ryuu intently; processing each word, each action,and translating it into a series of answers which would continue to pull the demon boy in. Ryuu was a smart, strong man, but he needed a bit of work. Magic and the upcoming interview was what the focus was on, whether he denied it or embraced it. I needed to get close to him in order for Ryuu to stand a chance against the magic-wielding Bernkastel and her demon companions.

“Hm, I agree. Though, I suppose they do this for a little more ‘excitement’ and ‘surprise’ during the actual fights.” I clicked my tongue thoughtfully. “If they went by power,you would’ve been here years ago. It’s annoying, but I have no say in what changes could be made. Things are so much simpler in the Demon Realm. See a pretty girl and she’s your mistress. The weak are the slaves and the strong have whatever they want.” I threw the hook out there, wondering if it even remotely interested Ryuu; a world without stupid fashion-crazes, and with more power and fighting.

If Ryuu won, he would have three choices.

A) Go back to the Demon Realm

B) Stay in the Gods Realm and have the Government use him to scare the other species

C) Go to the Demon Realm

Abruptly, I stood up and grabbed my empty cup. “Well, you won’t be seeing much of me. The other contestants will be busy beautifying themselves somehow, while you will actually do something productive with your time.” Yawning, I moved to go to the elevator, but paused short; staring curiously at the closed kitchen door. I could hear the servants whispering onthe other side. Smirking, I walked over and in one quick movement, yanked the door open and threw my cup inside. When it crashed on the floor, the servants cried out in surprise as though it had been some kind of radioactive bomb. I laughed, and walked off. “Morons… Let’s go, Ryuu. We’ll go on a little drive and find you a good fight or two. You’ll get plenty of more sponsors if they see you personally beat down a God. Which, should be no problem for you.”
Chapter 4 - Bernkastel Vermillia - Demon District

From the shadows, a form with two glowing red orbs retreated backwards on four paws. A silent figure which couldn’t even be detected by a vampire’s senses was he. His spine curled into a perfect arc to squeeze out of the room; tail swaying to then keep his balance on the thin railing outside. A dizzying height was his position, but he did not worry. He did not give the slightest hesitation, even when he had to jump several feet in the air to catch the next open balcony. Behind him was the rising sun, cracking out in pieces due to the towering city on the horizon. A scene which displayed just how crowded the world was. A world dominated by two-legged beings of all different ‘races’. Humans were like Gods, and Gods were like humans. Both had the urge to multiply exceedingly; unaware of the damage that such an unnatural population did. No matter how many chances they got, they never learned and one always screwed up something. Everyone outside this endless ring of destruction was losing patience; confidence so thin it could break as easily as scissors to dentalfloss. He, the one crossing past Xavier’s floor and higher still, had no opinion on the subject. At least, an opinion that was originally his. He had two views from two persons; unable to stray from either. They contradicted each other like black and white, with him being the gray medium.

Upon seeing the cat at my window, I straightened up from the bed and flicked my fingers at the glass. It slid open smoothly, with the animal slipping inside.

“I found Ryuu… He was in the kitchen.” The cat spoke out; whiskers twitching when I reached out to pick him up. But, he didn’t struggle. He allowed himself to rest on my lap; eyes staring out the same opening that I was.
“Tellme what your eyes and ears have witnessed, Lucifier.”