View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX0990 View Post
Actually, in Catholicism, you're supposed to go to Church EVERY Sunday, as well as holy days of obligation, including; Christmas; Ash Wednesday; Easter (not just Easter Sunday, but Holy Thursday, Good Friday, and the Easter Vigil as well); The Epiphany; The Ascension; Immaculate Conception; Assumption; Saint Joseph; the Apostles Saints Peter and Paul; and All Saints Day.

Also you're supposed to go to Stations of the Cross during Lent, Confessions once a week (usually Saturdays or a LEAST annually), no meat on Fridays during Lent as well as Ash Wednesday (fish is ok), as well as observing Advent and it's Masses.
Uh speaking as someone who actually became Catholic over the Easter season, I think at least one priest would have told us if we were required to go to mass on Holy Thursday, Good Friday, the Easter Vigil, and Easter itself. In fact the Easter Vigil midnight mass was all we were required to go to. I think you're making Catholicism into a bigger deal than it is - other than Sundays there are only like 10 holy days of obligation and confession is only required of a practicing Catholic once a year. Yeah it's strict compared to other religions (and to atheism certainly lmao), but it's not really that crazy.

Quote:
I know people who personally disagree with it, but they still vote in favor of it because they don't believe it to be their place to press their beliefs onto others. That's where it matters for me: if they're actively trying to oppress people.
I have the utmost respect for these people. I don't agree with their beliefs of course, but I have so much respect for people that believe something different but still are tolerant of others. It's greattttt :3

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.