View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2012, 02:04 AM
FrostPheonix
Eternity.

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
I think Pudz was commenting on the contradiction in Frost's post: "I am against it but I have nothing against it" - it didn't make much sense to me either tbh but I decided to skip over it in favour of the part I found more interesting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamzee View Post
Yeah, it's a bit hard to tell what Frost meant. I'm just gonna guess he personally disagrees with it but doesn't believe it should be illegal.
Thx there Gamzee thats what I meant, didn't come out right when I posted....

Quote:
I don't think that's an intentional direction anybody is steering in, but to be honest in a group of atheists you have to expect that there will be talk about why we think religious people are wrong lol. There will be agreement among us, because we are all from the same lack of faith. That's not at all to say we discourage discussion, but you have to be wary that that's what will happen sometimes, no matter what the topic. We can't help that, it's just realistically what will happen when any group of like-minded people come together.
Yeah, but that doesn't mean we have to, right? I mean, I understand that you guys naturally gravitate to the matter (seen it over and over in the past) but we could talk about something else now that the subject been raised.

Quote:
I find what you say here interesting. It's been well-established that gay isn't something people choose. That's not a matter of opinion, it is simple fact. Therefore, we can conclude that homosexuality is not a product of free will. So if we aren't choosing to be gay, and it was also not something that God intended, then how does homosexuality exist at all?
Now that you say it, seems like a logical opinion. Never saw it from that way, although I realise being gay isn't choosable. But, heres the theory me and my old bible teacher had:

We believe that Adam and Eve are the first humans to have come on Earth; the first companions of God (not counting angels). Yet, from the moment mankind sinned, our genetic DNA has been spiraling downwards. Mutations in the DNA replication, RNA failures, etc. In the Bible, people used to live 600 years; now, people live to about 100. If they're lucky and have advanced medical treatment. Genetic diseases are starting to come about more and more frequently. I'd say that homosexuality came from somewhere around that spiral downwards. I mean, if God wanted/was all right with homosexuality, he would have mentioned it in the Bible... in biblical times, it was abhorrent to be homosexual. If it was all right, you might think he might have said something to clear things up. And yes, I know people who are homosexual can't help it, but that doesn't mean they have to follow their impulses. A few kids still stay virgin until they marry, the same way, why can't homosexuals practice abstinence? I know some people don't have intercourse ever as well. I myself believe that homosexuality is wrong, but people can choose to believe what they wish. I don't pretend to say I know exactly what God wants, but I think I am saying what he wants right here.

Anyways....
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
I've always believed in aliens as a Christian, although it may just be wishful thinking. Either way, I do hope they exist. (Assuming they don't murder us all in our sleep. lol)

I understand that since we originally were supposed to live forever, you could assume that the rest of the universe was to account for our infinite expansion, but I still want some aliens to swoop in and give us a bunch of amazing technology that's hundreds of years ahead of our time. lol
I think there are aliens... who knows? The Bible doesn't actually refute it, and all of science points towards aliens. At least I'm sure there is microscopic life. Dunno about sentient one tho...