: Gold hack:
[JOHTO LEGACY] Pokémon Christmas - 2014 Version Released!
View Single Post
March 20th, 2012 (01:43 PM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by Mateo.
Johto Region Champion
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Celadon Mansion
Trainin' in a Winter Wonderland
Pokemon Gold (U)
This is much more than a simple graphics hack to add snow. This game takes place the same year as GSC, just later in the year. It assumes that the events of GSC (the radio tower take over, magikarp being forced to evolve, and all that) took place that summer, so the major events will be different, and more winter or holiday themed. Since this is part of what I'm calling the "Johto Legacy", I like to think of this as something of an "alternate third version" as well as a sequel -- sort of like Crystal, Platinum, and Christmas themes all mixed together.
- Ability to play as a Boy or a Girl player, chosen in the intro
- Kris as the player's main friendly rival
- Hiro or Mei (Whichever player you didn't choose) as an additional rival
- Major events changed to new and/or holiday themed ones
- New tilesets to give it a snowy winter feel, as well as a "Gen II-and-a-half" feel
- Map updates to be more in line with Heart Gold's map designs, but not exactly identical
- Physical/Special Split added, like the newer games have
- New Pokémon added (NO FAKEMON. See list below.)
- New moves. Flame Ball is a new "Special" Fire-Type move to melt ice blocks, and there are a couple moves from newer gens as well.
- New items (Key Items, Regular Items, etc.)
- Ice sliding on frozen lakes, not just in Ice Path
- A few references to my other hacks you might catch (including hints at the prequel)
- New locations, including: South Isle, Battle Tower, Ecruteak Shinto Shrine, Dragon Shrine, and more
- Restored Kanto locations, including: Viridian Forest, Pewter Museum, and more
- Some wild Pokémon location changes, some are the same
- Trainers sprites and rosters updated
- All Gym Leaders have additional Pokémon, and all of Kanto's gyms are higher levels
- Lots of events have been redone, removed, added, etc.
- Some trainer classes have been changed
- There have been changes to the Elite Four
- Viridian has a different leader
- New Game Corner prizes (Johto and Kanto)
- Additional Prize Exchanges added at the Battle Tower
- Practice Battle Machines added for the Battle Tower. (They are like the ones in the old Sterling Silver, but improved)
- Move Tutors, who will teach your Pokémon a new move in exchange for a Heart Scale
- A version of the "Trendy Phrase" which can be used to unlock certain things, or just to amuse yourself
Eevee -> Glaceon = Icy Rock in Ice Path
Eevee -> Leafeon = Mossy Rock in Ilex Forest
Snorunt -> Glalie = Lv 42
Snorunt -> Frosslass = Dawn Stone
Piloswine -> Mamoswine = Lv 37
Sneasel -> Weavile = Moon Stone
Poliwhirl > Politoed = Moonstone
Kadabra > Alakazam = Moonstone
Slowpoke > Slowking = Moonstone
Haunter > Gengar = Moonstone
Machoke > Machamp = Lv 44
Graveler > Golem = Lv 41
Onix > Steelix = Lv 30
Scyther > Scizor = Lv 30
Porygon > Porygon2 = Thunderstone
Seadra > Kingdra = Moonstone
Pokémon You Cannot Get (Even by trading)
Hoppip (Replaced by Snover)
Skiploom (Replaced by Abomasnow)
Jumpluff (Replaced by Rotom)
Spinarak (Replaced by Mamoswine)
Ariados (Replaced by Weavile)
Dunsparce (Replaced by Leafeon)
Tangela (Replaced by Glaceon)
Sunkern (Replaced by Snorunt)
Sunflora (Replaced by Glalie)
Yanma (Replaced by Froslass)
Sentret (Replaced by Zigzagoon)
Furret (Replaced by Linoone)
Oddish (Replaced by Ralts)
Gloom (Replaced by Kirlia)
Vileplume (Replaced by Gardevoir)
Bellosom (Replaced by Gallade)
Remoraid (Replaced by Relicanth)
Octillery (Replaced by Luvdisc)
Trading with other players via Link Cable has been removed. However, there are ways to evolve Pokémon that normally evolve via trade without having to trade them.
In Goldenrod City's GTS/Global Terminal/Pokémon Center, you have the opportunity to Wonder Trade. The system is still a little rough at this point, but it will be more polished for the Full Version. It is still totally usable though. Just like in Gen 6, you offer up any Pokémon you want from your party (eggs can be traded too, no need to hatch them first) and you will receive a totally random Pokémon back in return.
Here is a banner you can put in your signatures, (on forums that have them) or you are free to make your own. I just put this together because I realized I hadn't made one!
* Very Minor
* Potentially Major
- There are no Wild Pokémon in South Isle Woods. This will be fixed in the full version. Sorry about that.
- People may blink out and back in for a second when you talk to them.
- Headbutt and Cut have minor graphical errors under the animation.
- The female player's sprite doesn't load properly on the Fly map in one or two areas.
- Some locations don't have the right name on the Town Map, because I ran out of area names.
- Female Kirlia can still evolve into Gallade.
- Playing on VBA-M may rarely result in graphical glitches when a textbox first loads. This only seems to appear with VBA-M and is not gamebreaking, nor does it always happen. Only observed a few times during testing.
- The Hall of Fame will always display the male trainer's sprites, even if you are a girl.
- There is an error with an NPC's script in a house in Blackthorn. Exiting the house will fix the graphic error.
- Attempting to trade via link-cable will corrupt certain areas of the save file. (Specifically: The player's gender and several new flags used to keep track of events) Don't do that. (In-Game Trades with NPCs or Wonder Trade are still PERFECTLY FINE though).
RED - Contributed a lot of the code for the gender selection, also a few devamped tiles
Miksy91 - Taught me ASM, and was a lot of help with the routine for the Pickup ability
Tauwasser - Created the Ex Tileset patch which I used
Koolboyman - Original designer of the Physical/Special split routine
Kanzure, and the other contributors to Pokecrystal - Even though this is a hack of Gold, Pokecrystal helped me track down several various routines that I needed to modify. Sorry I talked bad about that project in the past, that was very stupid of me.
~G0LD! and Chamber - Town Map graphics
Chamber - Original script for Generic Move Tutors from Whack-A-Hack
Luigi-San - Various sprites
Amvz08 - Various sprites
Pixel Eye - Various sprites
Berries Inc - Various sprites
Blue Emerald - Various sprites
Pia Carrot - Various sprites, Various text
Mateo - 99% of the devamped tilesets, also primary scripter, mapper, designer, etc. Generally everything else.
South Isle and the Legend Festival were inspired by Pokémon: The Movie 2000.
Ecruteak Shinto Shrine was inspired by Sailor Moon.
Above Cerulean Cave was inspired by Pokémon Secrets and Rumours.
Jack's Secret Base was inspired by Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire.
Battle Tower was inspired by Pokémon Crystal, Pokémon Sterling Silver, and various Battle Frontiers.
Town and Route designs inspired by Pokémon Heart Gold & Soul Silver.
The Rival's personality was inspired by Lyra from Pokémon Heart Gold & Soul Silver, and May from Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire.
The Rival's design was inspired by Pokémon Crystal.
Vulpix appearing in Union Cave was inspired by Pokemon Brown, where Vulpix can be found in Merson Cave.
2014 Version - Johto & Elite Four release.
"Haha! The fun has been doubled!" - Princess Luna
Also Known As:
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Mateo
Visit Mateo's homepage!
Find all posts by Mateo
Find threads started by Mateo
Ignore Posts by Mateo