View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2012 (12:43 PM).
Arrest this man
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
@DeepImpact: Even a pokemon as stupid as Slowpoke can discharge a deadly flamethrower or use powerful psychic abilities and they're slower than most zombies I've seen. Pun intended.

But seriously, if you make an RP where Pokemon might as well not be pokemon you're only reaaally appealing to zombie fans. That's not a bad thing per se, but in a world where some RPs struggle to survive you may want to avoid narrowing down your audience like that.

Better yet, why not have pokemon on both sides? It worked for humans against human zombies. They're much more numerous and may very well be stronger but you're smarter and etcetera.

Oh, did I mention that we've totally had pokemon vs human roleplays? I think I saw something recently about Nideous planning on remaking one of them, called The Children are Haunted. It had a pokemon vs humans theme, with some pokemon and some humans more neutral than others.

There was also another RP I think, that had a more clear two sides deal. I believe they gave humans themselves the ability to wield pokemon powers to even the playing field. Neither of them made pokemon powerless mooks and they both made out very well as I recall.
I think this argument has become a looping one xD;

Anyways, yes, we've had Pokemon vs. Humans RPs before, I mean, War between Pokemon and Humans should be the biggest example xD

And yet again, if we give Pokemon to both sides, I will have to repeat the main point of my argument, that giving Pokemon would become too easy. :/ In a way... it'd become easy. Unless, of course, the zombie Pokemon had powers too. That would work, but yet again, it would become really easy for the trainers.

My main point is, that survival shouldn't become really easy. I have to agree with a few of your points, seeing that both the zombies and normal people have Pokemon does seem like a good concept, but seeing that the Pokemon League in this certain RP, are sending in their best trainers, they would easily have a full team with about level 55-60 Pokemon. This would definitely be a cakewalk for the trainers, since they would be able to defeat a whole horde pretty easily with such Pokemon.

I guess the best 'solution' would be to not have the strongest trainers, but rather some random, weak trainers surviving on their own, trying to find a way out. They could have, one or two Pokemon, all about level 20-25. That way, both the Pokemon AND the trainer would really have to struggle to survive. But of course, it's up to the GM of the RP to really work it out.