Thread: [B2/W2] Pokémon Hitchhikers!
View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2012 (05:40 AM).
voicerocker
Psyduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Magius View Post
So does anyone think B2/W2 will get us the following Pokémon feature back, like in HG/SS? Or maybe even a single Pokémon like Pikachu in Yellow?
Would you want there to be?

In my opinion, one of my favourite features of HG/SS was the Pokémon followers. It made everything seem so personal and it felt like the Pokémon following me was really my trusty sidekick. I would really love it to return, especially because it was missing in B/W.

I enjoyed having a Pokemon follow me, but I can see why that was removed. Think about it this way: Imagine if you were a NPC in the game and this kid with a huge Legendary Pokemon was walking around a city like nothing was going on. I'd walk around with Lugia or Groudon following me in SoulSilver and think "I wonder if any of these people are even concerned that THIS Pokemon is roaming around in their city!" Looking at it from that world, people would freak out if a Legendary Pokemon was just walking around in the middle of the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Magius View Post
I wouldn't mind if B2/W2 weren't direct sequels, and instead were just two improved games, that were simply B/W with altered graphics and following Pokémon, among other things. Actually, what I'm expecting is that, except for Pokémon followers, lol.
I'm not sure if you're just hoping for B/W 2 to be "remakes" of B/W, but it was announced that they are supposed to have a total new story, hence them being called "sequels". Still, I doubt we will see the return of Pokemon following us.