Thread: B2/W2: Pokémon Hitchhikers!
View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2012 (7:48 AM).
Originally Posted by wombateiro View Post
If that would be main matter, this feature would be never created in HG/SS. Also, you can still use legendary Pokemon in battle against ordinary trainers with weak Pokemon and nobody freaks out.
The feature was added as a reference to Pokemon Yellow and having Pikachu follow you, so it wasn't a totally new feature. They just upgraded to include all Pokemon. I'm not saying that they DID cut if for that reason, but that sorta makes sense to me.

Having a Legendary Pokemon seen in battle wouldn't be quite as shocking as having one wondering in a city unprovoked. There's a little bit of a difference there. Also, there may have been issues with having the Pokemon sprites appearing in the 3D cities, not saying that was the definite reason, but it could have been a factor in cutting the feature. Again though, this was a minor feature and though it was a nice one, it doesn't make the games any worse or better by having it or not having it

Originally Posted by wombateiro View Post
I think this feature as well as running without holding button was removed in B/W to make comeback in B2/W2 or/and R/S remakes to make people more interested about those games.
I think you're reading too much into it based on things you hope or want to see happen. But that is a discussion for a different thread.