Vulpix ♀ Lv. 1 ★
OT: Ginny | ID: 51120
Nature: Calm
Ability: Drought
IVs: 31, 2, 30, 30, 30, 30 Fighting 70
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Heat Wave, Disable, Energy Ball, Substitute
Non-Redis

When Ninetales received its DW Ability, Drought, it changed the metagame and instantly was put in the OU tier at the heart of many sun teams. This one is the specially defensive variant so that Ninetales can stay in longer and keep on fighting the weather battle. I gave it two egg moves, Disable and Heatwave, which I think would help... but most likely I'd replace Heat Wave with Fire Blast. All in all, this is one of my favorite Pokemon that got a much needed boost in Gen 5.

NU in DPPT -> OU in BW
Quote originally posted by vaporeon7:

Shellder | Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Jolly | Skill Link | 31 31 31 8 31 31
Tackle, Rock Blast, Bubblebeam

Challenge complete. Cloyster was never a bad Pokémon. In fact, it was OU in the first three generations. It then fell down to UU in D/P but it still was a decent Pokémon. The reason why I've chosen Cloyster for this challenge though is because of the major boost it got in B/W, Shell Smash. It turned Cloyster from what was once a Pokémon that was mainly used to set up and spin away Spikes into one of the most dangerous sweepers in the game. Cloyster is now back in OU with little chance of moving anytime soon.
Quote originally posted by Sydian:

Biebz / Bibarel (f) lv. 49
Unaware | Brave
Cedric | 26099
31/31/31/30/31/31 HP Electric 70
[ Amnesia, Take Down, Super Fang, Superpower ]

Picked because our favorite HM slave got probably one of the briefest 15 minutes of fame in gen V. Heck, less than 15 minutes. Although this one doesn't have it, Moody made Bibarel MUCH better, but sadly, the ability got banned. :( Smeargle also suffered this too, however Smeargle wasn't hurt as bad as our chubby friend here. So yeah!
All very good and lovely choices for the challenge. :)

Here's what I managed to do for the challenge. First try ended in a white-out after tossing ~95 Dive Balls. Second try was caught MUCH quicker, but it actually had the wrong IVs. I was misled by its Jolly nature and 31 IVs in speed. My bad. Final try, after reorganizing the capturing team, my agony ended.

Azelf
OT: Jasmine ID: 39218
Jolly | Levitate
Swift | Uproar | Future Sight | Nasty Plot
31 | 31 | 31 | 1 | 31 | 31

In DPP, Azelf was a strong lead and versatile contender on both sides of the spectrum. In BW, Azelf has fallen from its former grace mostly because of Team Preview. Yeah, it lost its spotlight because of one new feature. I hate you too, Azelf. >:o