View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2012 (4:21 PM).
ASM is my life now...
Nature: Timid
Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
Hi there! I was designing a berry tree system for my game (Firered), and while I figured out a way to make a tree give a berry a day, I realized that there was something else in the game that does pretty much the same thing; the regenerating berries in Berry Forest, and regenerating trinkets on treasure beach. Does anyone have any info on these regenerating items, and how I might be able to expand the list to cover all my berry trees? Additionally, does anyone know where I might find the offsets for the flags/variables for hidden items?

Well, i only took a quick look into this issue (3 minutes) because i'm very busy now, and i don't want to discourage you, but there's a limit for those items.
The routine at 080CC44C is the one who gets the flag associated with the hidden item, based on Hidden ID + 0x3e8. This means no repoint+add items without overwriting other game flags.

Thats the only thing i found out by now.

This signature has been disabled.
over 350px high
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.