View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2012 (02:20 PM).
sonic1
ASM is my life now...

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
Well, plan B is to make a script that just clears all the hidden item flags to zero at midnight, which is simple enough. I assume the hidden item flags are stored somewhere in memory, so I'd just have to write 0 to all the bytes I need to clear it out. Does anyone have the offset for this location in the memory?
Well, actually, they are normal flags, like 0x800 etc..., but are Hidden ID + Flag 0x3E8. (E.g: Hidden item 0x10 would be flag 0x3F8. Clear the flag to be able to get the item again)

The script is somewhat easy. There are 0xBE hidden items. Here's a script made now for the purpose:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
'----------------
#org @start
setvar 0x8000 0x3E8 'Base flag
setvar 0x8001 0x0   'Counter
goto @loop

#org @loop
compare 0x8001 0xBE
if B_> goto @end
addvar 0x8001 0x1
clearflag 0x8000    ' Clear flag in var 8000
addvar 0x8000 0x1
goto @loop

#org @end
setvar 0x8000 0
setvar 0x8001 0     'Reset vars
release
end
I made this in 5 minutes and didn't test it. Test it and please warn me if there's an inconvenience with this.

(to @redriders180: I saw your PM, i just hadn't the time to answer it because its a little complex for my current time available)

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.