View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Epitaph93
Intermediate Digidestined

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by qaz015393:7116267
great updates.
As for my suggestions for the hack, I got none the hack already is great. I really don't mind what u do with it as long as its still a digimon hack :D

----dang thing is a bit long what i want to reply to so put it in spoiler----
Spoiler:
Quote:
Do you want to see a base patch? What I mean by this is: a patch that has only minor changes to the original rom. These changes would consist of all Pokemon sprites, data, pokedex information, move lists etc. replaced with my own. I will also include any scripts/routines that are important or necessary such as the DNA Digivolution script, the gender check I've been working on, xros, etc. All original events would be left the same, save for a few text changes. What's the point in that, you might ask. Well if I did this then maybe this could give potential digimon hacks a leg up. The general things would be taken care of, so hackers could immediately begin. It would save potentially months of work for new hacks. All I would ask in return is to be credited. I'm not sure if it would belong in the sideshow showcase, and if not I would just post it here alongside my full hack. Maybe I would do the patch off of jpan's, meaning a completely clean digimon patch with compatability with jpan's engine. Or maybe an edit of Jambo51's patch. That would of course depend on if they gave me permission.

This would sound awesome man
I really want to do this, I'm just not sure of the easiest way to go about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrElephant:7116572
Your game looks like it is turning out great! Your digimon party sprites are some of the best that I have seen! I think that this game has the potential to be as good as or better than shinygold.
Well the digimon aren't made from scratch like your average fakemon so they've got a good look to them. I appreciate the confidence in the hack's potential, as I very much hope this turns into a success lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZeno96:7116918
lot of your maps seem more to the orginal, but the sprite are very good!

I wish you the best of luck
I only made those edits so I could actually post the hack in the first place. I'll edit the starting town completely when I get the chance and post pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RioluLux:7118801
can get them from Digimon story super xros wars red and blue for the ds im pretty sure people already ripped the sprites from the game

1. I like the title but its your call
2. Well beside the xros system i cant really think of anything else idk if your gonna make the ancient wariors part of a digivolution line (ex: Flamemon:Agnimon:Burninggreymon...) or (Agumon with item evolution (spirit of fire) to agnimon) but i would like to see the ancient in the game
3. idk
4.Really your call
5.Its always fun too have a deep story and multiple ending so if you can do it that would be great to see
6. Well i see a lot of hacks with amazing tiles (most from the ds games) so i guess if you know how you can import tiles from the ds games
7. Sure it gives diversity and more things to do in the game
8.Guilmon for sure my favorite digimon thou i would like to se Dorumon too
9. I always look to get the mostpowerfull line :p
10. Yep
I'll check out those sprites you mentioned. Thanks for the feedback on the questions too. Just to touch on a few things: Agunimon and others from season 4 may or may not be included. I really want all the digimon I can get, but some sprites simply don't work. I'll see what I can do though. Dorimon, dorumon, and dorugamon are all inserted, but dorugremon is in need of some major editing. I think the most powerful lines will be the two paladin imperialdramons, marineangemon, diaboromon, and omnimon. But of course nothing's set in stone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrElephant:7123377
By the way on the fakemon idea. I think your fakemon look great and it is a good idea to add them to your game. I think most people will not even tell the difference. I mean every digimon is a fakemon in pokemon, so it is a good idea to add those two other fakemon instead of having lets say charmander in your hack.
I appreciate the feedback. The fakemon will most likely be included, even if I get negative remarks. I need to fill the gaps somehow after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocko View Post
Just to give everyone an update on the some of the things going on, I just sent Epitaph about 40 Icon images, thought I should just let you all how it's progressing in that factor
Yeah stocko here has been mass producing icons like a boss. Unfortunately I can't add them to the game yet because I'm still computerless, but that means we have almost half of the digimon with icon sprites.

Update: Take a look at the story section in the OP. This is part of what I've been working on for the last two or three days. Flood with comments.
I'm Epitaph and I plan on releasing the first full-fledged Digimon hack of Pokemon Fire Red. We're getting close to the first release so come check it out in the Progressing hacks, and see how you can help us with the project.