View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kawaii~ View Post
Also I don't know if you guys have heard about how the Miss Universe Pageant is allowing transgender contestants!
It's thanks to Jenna Talackova who was disqualified when she was found to have been born as the incorrect sex and had surgery to correct her body. She wouldn't stand for that and a legal fight ensued and they're changing the rules to allow transgendered women to enter. Is this good or is this good?
I wish that talking hairpiece Donald Trump had been okay with this just because he was okay with this and not because he feared getting a lot of bad publicity. But hey, the fact that he caved means that the public cares enough to give him crap over doing something stupid like banning trans contestants.

Of course the topic of beauty pageants opens a whole other discussion on gender entirely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
I don't think sexuality can be fluid, I believe that if one year you fancy men and the next you fancy women you are bi, basically. However people often label themselves with the sex they are dating, especially if when in a relationship they don't look at others sexually anymore.
What if the men you fancied that year were all very feminine and most of the time you are attracted to women? Just trying to point out that there's a lot of variables that go into attraction so unless you want to claim that "everyone is at least a little bi" (which I think is a statement with separate issues) I would say you're oversimplifying sexuality. I totally think it's possible for someone's sexuality to change. Not in the "today I think I'm going to be gay" kind of way, but gradually and probably not consciously.

I don't mean this as an attack on you. I'm just trying to get at why I feel the way I do.

deviantart blog pair