Thread: [B2/W2] Starters / The professor
View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post

No, not at all. In fact, its perfectly reasonable. But nintendo is too stupid to realize that we've had three fire-fighting starters in a row. And 6 dragon mascots.
You do realize they did that on purpose right? If not...wow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilynasol View Post
Starters, we'll still probably have Snivy/Tepig/Oshawott. I've heard somewhere that there is a secret regarding the starters this time, and some people have suggested that Serperior would become a Grass/Psychic (one of the worst typings defense-wise, right up there with Grass/Ice and the Arceus-forbid Ice/Steel), Emboar a Fire/Dark, and Samurott a Water/Fighting. While this is wishful thinking and I highly doubt that the Pokemon Company would change their types (albeit for the better), it is still something to consider. Another, more realistic suggestion would be to have the starters obtained with their "Dream World" ability- then finally we can all have Leaf Storm Super-periors! If not the Snivy/Tepig/Oshawott starters, then I would think it would be second-most sensible for the Unova region for the starters to be Pansage/Pansear/Panpour.

The professor doesn't seem to be a big-bad. But he doesn't seem like a clear-cut good guy either like Oak, Elm, Birch, or Juniper. I can tell already the plot of these games are going to be on an entirely different theme than their predecessors. Particularly, while Black and White focused on Pokemon liberation and freedom from their trainers, this game already seems to suggest it would be more on the raw power of a Pokemon and how it can be used by humans- definitely a much better lead-in for the Musketeer trio.
They can't change typing if the games link to Black and White for battle and trade. The type code would either transfer causing B/W to read them as hacked or won't read type changes and games would have calculation errors in battle.