View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2012 (8:26 AM).
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
I saw [this article] yesterday and thought I'd share. It discusses 'Alternating Gender Incongruity' where a person may feel involuntary gender identity shifts and sometimes the sensation of phantom, er, characteristics of a given sex. There's not been much in the ways of studies on this owing to the very few number of people who claim to have it, but it's an interesting idea and I'm inclined to believe these people's self-assessments.
Probably predictable from me but I'm inclined to disbelieve >< since a) it was such a small minority and b) some of the evidence was just based one what people said on the internet.

Also, I still really don't get this quote;

“If I’m in male mode and I see someone crying, I’ll think more along the lines of ‘Man up… while if I’m in girl mode I’ll think more long the lines of ‘Oh sweety!’”
Everyone has day to day mood swings, deal with things in different ways, etc. To me this has absolutely nothing to do with gender at all - in fact I think the idea that it changes SO often implies that it isn't about gender at all. Personality is never a fully consistent thing, people need to stop trying to put themselves in one little special box when really they're the same as everyone else ><.