View Single Post
Old April 23rd, 2012 (08:16 PM).
Daughter of Ash and Misty

Nature: Modest
"Who are you?" Jessie demanded, most likely glaring at Misty under her dark sunglasses.

Misty thought fast and answered on impulse, not really the best idea but she had to speak as if she were sure of her answers or they wouldn't believe her. But then again, it WAS just Team Rocket, she could probably fool those idiots without much thought at all.

"I don't reveal my name to anyone unless the need arises. All you need to know is that I'm just the person you need to get some information on Team Plasma."

"Alright, what information do you have?" James asked.

Misty waved a finger at them. "Uh uh. Not so fast. I will give you the information you need only if you guys let me join with you to help you search for Team Plasma."

"Why do you need to find them?" James asked in surprise.

"Ummm, I… I have my reasons!" Misty stammered before clearing her throat. "So do we have a deal?"

They paused before responding, "give us a moment" and going into a huddle to discuss the matter.

Misty waited anxiously.

They came out of their huddle and faced her.

Jessie spoke up. "Fine, you can accompany us for a while but you'd have to ask the boss about actually joining Team Rocket."

Misty stopped herself from making a disgusted face at the thought of joining Team Rocket. What she had to do now was already unnerving. "I'll see what it's like working with you first." She answered gruffly.

"And don't you dare even t'ink about tryin' to mess up our mission! Got it?" Meowth warned while pointing a claw at her.

"Got it." Misty answered, unfazed.

Jessie then stepped forward and took off her sunglasses. "Welcome to the team Short-Stuff." She held out her hand.

Misty shook it. "Thanks I- WHAT?! Short-Stuff?!" She spat at her, having a somewhat delayed reaction.

Jessie shrugged. "Well you are pretty short." She stared down at her pathetically. "What are you, twelve?"

Misty let go of Jessie's hand and pouted at her. "No! For your information, I'm sixteen." (Yes, Misty is sixteen in my fanfic. About four years have gone by. Ash is fourteen. Misty was twelve when he was ten- as proved by the manga- and so… That's what I think.)

Jessie rolled her eyes. "Whatever Shorty, let's start looking for Team Plasma."

Misty followed them out of the alley, fuming.

Misty strolled through the town leisurely, playing with the new toy Team Rocket had lent her. It was a watch that didn't just tell time, it also worked as a walkie-talkie and a town map with a GPS locater on it as well. She had decided to test it out by putting a GPS marker on Ducklett as it searched ahead for any traces of Team Plasma or Azurill.

She and Team Rocket had split up to search the gigantic city, each could be seen on the GPS and they were supposed to call each other if anything could be found. This is great. I never would have been able to find Azurill in this huge city on my own. All I need to do is find it and then I can leave Team Rocket and go back to searching for Ash.

Misty hadn't actually thought about Ash until just then. Finding Azurill and making sure it was safe had become the only thing on her mind, nothing could distract her from it, not even the boy who had been the reason she had come to this region. If I don't find Azurill, I'll never be able to forgive myself.

"Did you find anything?" Jessie's voice sounded from Misty's wrist.

Misty held the watch up to her face, trying to find the button Team Rocket had said to press to respond. She found it, held it and spoke into where she guessed the microphone was. "Nope, it seems they might have cleared out of the city."

"Well get back here. You can find our location on the GPS. We should check for them outside of the city."

"I'll be right there." Misty responded and headed in their direction.

"It took you long enough to get here runt. I guess it's just because you don't have as long of legs as us." Jessie shrugged.

Misty gave her a deathly glare and was half tempted to whip out her mallet. "Oh shut up! It's not as if this GPS has the best map in the world. It fails to indicate where there are buildings in the way."

"Whatever, let's go." Jessie huffed and led the way out of the city.

"While we was waitin' we might've already lost the twerps." Meowth said with a sigh.

Misty blinked. "Twerps?" She asked, although she already knew the answer. They were going after Ash's Pikachu… Again! They really HADN'T gotten a life after all these years.

"Yes, we've been after this rare and powerful Pokemon to capture for the boss for years now. But we know we'll catch it one of these days." James explained.

Misty rolled her eyes. "Well if you haven't caught it after so many years, doesn't that kind of give the hint that you should stop trying? Besides, wouldn't your boss be happier if you actually did the job he assigned you?"

"But we could keep an eye out for Team Plasma while we try to steal Pikachu. We have a machine that just can't fail us this time!" James responded.

Misty sighed and grumbled inaudible words softly.

"You will help us with this, won't you runt?" Jessie asked.

Misty glared at her. "I might if you stop calling me runt."

"Fine, but it'd help if you told us your name. We are working together after all."

"Alright then… My name is…" Misty racked her brain for a random name that she could use for herself and suddenly remembered the day she had to make up a name before. Anne Chovie… "…Anne, my name is Anne."

"Alright Anne, with you helping us, we might actually be able to get Pikachu this time." Jessie said.

Misty looked away with a frown. Fat chance. She thought and trudged along with them as they searched for the 'twerps'.

"Team Rocket!" Ash yelled angrily with clenched fists.

"Trying to steal Pikachu again?" Iris huffed with a glare at the trio.

Team Rocket was standing atop their latest machine, a giant Trubbish robot with a see-through body. Pikachu was inside of it, using Thunderbolt to try and get out but it was 'pika proof' again.

The trio laughed and stated this very fact before beginning to recite their motto again.

"What a question, twerpish indeed!" Jessie stated as she held a hand to her ear.

"We'll answer these questions when we feel the need!" James added as he stood by her with his arms crossed.

"Bringing the blinding white light of evil into the future!" Said Jessie as she stood with a dramatic background of a skyline with a silhouette of Reshiram, which became a blinding white.

"Thrusting the hammer of justice down onto the black darkness of the universe!" James said and a background of space appeared behind him with the silhouette of Zekrom, suddenly it was swallowed in darkness.

"Carving our names in the Rock of Eternity!" Meowth chimed in as he sliced the air with his claws, his background being a rock face with a large 'R' carved into it- the silhouette of Kyurem standing atop the cliff before a blizzard overtook the background.

"The fiery destroyer, Jessie!" Jessie just had a firey background behind her.

"And with thunderous emotion, I am James!" James appeared to stand back to back with her, an electric background joining with her fire background.

"Wisest of the wise, Meowth!" Meowth hopped atop both of their heads, his blizzard background joining with theirs.

"And now gather, under the name of Team Rocket!" All three finished with a large 'R' forming on top of the chaotic backgrounds.

"Hey, I t'ink we forgot someone." Meowth pointed out when the dramatic scene ended with their motto.

"That's right." James realized. "We forgot to include our new member in the motto."

Jessie waved her hand in dismissal. "We can just have her say something at the end to make up for Wobaffet's absence."

Iris scratched her head in confusion. "New member?" She echoed.

"That's right Twerpette! We will get Pikachu for sure this time because we have a new member to help us out." James announced. "Say hello to our member…"

"An- Huh?!" All three members were about to announce Misty's 'name' but stopped in mid-sentence when realizing that she wasn't there. "Where'd she go?!" They started searching around frantically for Misty

Below, Ash and co blinked up at them in confusion.

"It seems that their flavor is missing an ingredient." Cilan commented.

"So where's this new member of yours?" Ash asked.

"They don't have a new member." Iris huffed. "How pathetic. They're so desperate that they're starting to pretend that they have a new edition to their pitiful team. I would say 'what kids' but they're older so…"

"We're not making it up!" Jessie yelled. "Oh never mind her, let's just get Pikachu. We'll deal with her later."

James and Meowth nodded. "Right."

"Yes! I caught it!" Misty cheered as she held the Pokeball up in the air that contained her new Pokemon.

Misty had waited until the perfect opportunity arose to sneak away from Team Rocket. She didn't want any part of trying to steal Ash's Pikachu and she also knew that they had a 101% chance of blasting off, a fate she didn't want to share. In that time away from them, she had come across a heart shaped Pokemon that reminded her of an over sized Luvdisk. She had no idea what it was called unfortunately though.

"I could really use a Pokedex right now." Misty sighed before sending her newly caught Pokemon out.

"Momo." The Pokemon chimed.

"Momo? Is that what you're called?" Misty asked before placing a bowl of Pokemon food in front of it. She looked around to make sure she was alone before sending out the rest of her Pokemon and feeding them as well.

"Alooo." It hummed as it ate.

"Alo? Ugh! What is your name?" Misty asked in frustration.

It looked up at her with wide eyes. "Alo? Alomomola?"

"Alomomola?" Misty repeated, stumbling on her words a little. "Geez, that's a mouthful. I've never nicknamed my Pokemon but this time I might make an exception."

As she was mulling over a nickname, a loud explosion sounded nearby, making the earth tremble. Before Misty could even voice her curiosity about the whereabouts of the explosion, Team Rocket shot into the air with jet packs on their backs. Wow, they don't 'blast off' anymore? Oh well, maybe hanging out with them won't be as bad as I thought it would… Before she could finish her thoughts, she realized that she needed to recall her Pokemon before they noticed all of her Pokemon from the Kanto region and asked questions.

She went to recall them but before she could, pieces of the Trubbish robot flew through the air because the robot had been VERY nearby, below the area that Misty was in fact. Misty quickly ducked to the ground in an attempt to dodge the pieces. "Get down everyone!" She yelled.

Her Pokemon took notice to the flying metal and started ducking or dodging pieces. The only one who wasn't taking notice was Gyarados, who was eating its food contentedly, unaware of a piece coming right toward him.

"Look out Gyarados!" Misty yelled a moment too late. The metal hit Gyarados in the side. It was small enough to not do a lot of damage but it was still enough to shock and enrage a Gyarados.

Gyarados roared angrily and started using hyper beam in a blind rage.

"Gyarados!" Misty cried out. "Return, everyone." She recalled the frightened Pokemon back to their Pokeballs and tried to recall Gyarados but the Pokemon was moving too much for the red beam to consume it. "Gyarados! It'll be okay! We'll get you to a Pokemon Center right away and get you healed." She called out, getting up and taking a step toward her Pokemon with her hands out in front of her, one holding Gyarados's Pokeball.

Gyarados's hyper beam suddenly struck close to her, causing an explosion that sent her flying. She screamed as she was hurled off the cliff, one hand instinctively holding her hat on her head as she closed her eyes and waited for her fall to be ended by the impact of hitting the ground. She just hoped she'd land in some nice, soft grass or something.

Ducklett flew down to her hurriedly and tried to grab onto her and soften her fall but it was too small to help its heavier trainer much. Ducklett's panic was suddenly replaced by relief at the following events.

Misty's fall seemed to last only seconds when it suddenly stopped. And the way it stopped wasn't at all like she expected. She didn't hit anything hard or soft; the only place she felt pressure was at the crook of her legs and her armpits. The rest of her body felt as if it was still in the air.

She dared to open one eye slowly, although fearing what she would see. Am I dead or something? She wondered. After opening one eye, the other snapped open in shock and color exploded across her face. If I'm dead, don't bring me back! She thought as she stared up into the chocolate brown eyes of Ash Ketchum himself.

Ash's POV

They had destroyed the machine using a combination of Tepig's ember, Pansage's solarbeam and Axew's dragon rage. The explosion was enough to open a hole in the machine's stomach so that Pikachu could leap out and run to its trainer.

"Pikachu!" Ash said as he gathered the Pokemon into a hug. "Alright buddy, are you ready to help us blast them off?" He asked.

"Pika!" Pikachu responded and leaped on Ash's shoulder.

"Alright Pikachu, use Thunderbolt! Tepig, use your strongest ember attack!" Ash commanded and the Pokemon got prepped for their attacks.

"Pansage, solarbeam!" Cilan called out.

"Axew, use dragon rage again!" Iris ordered.

All of the Pokemon's attacks formed into one and destroyed the machine completely. Team Rocket had blasted out of the smoke with their jet packs a second before the machine completely exploded, getting barely out of range before disappearing into the sky.

The group below had to watch out for the pieces of flying metal that had scattered on impact of the explosion.

"Whoa, is everyone okay?" Ash asked from where he had ducked down, looking around to check on everyone.

"Yeah, I'm alright." Iris responded. "What about you Axew?"

The small green dragon poked its head out of her large hair and nodded with wide red eyes.

The Pokemon also nodded and murmured their names while slowly getting up.

"That machine was quite a dangerous one. Some Pokemon could have gotten hurt." Cilan commented as he looked at the burning stump of a machine. "The fire should be put out as well before it catches on to any trees or grass."

"Right! Go Oshawott and Palpitoad!" Ash called as he threw the Pokeballs, sending out the otter and frog Pokemon. "Oshawott, use your water gun and Palpitoad, use mud slap. Put out the fire."

The Pokemon did as they were ordered and left the stump wet and blackened.

"Great job guys, return." Ash said and returned Tepig, Oshawott and Palpitoad. "Alright so now wh-" He was about to ask but was interrupted by the sound of intense roaring and loud explosions happening all over the place somewhere above them. "Whoa! What's going on up there?" Ash gasped.

"I don't know but we should probably check it out." Cilan said.

"The explosions are everywhere up there though. If we go up, we might get blasted right back down, and it's a long way down." Iris pointed out.

"Well we have to do something. Someone could be in troub-" he was about to say but stopped when a scream split the air. The group turned around to see someone falling off of the cliff with a Ducklett trying to catch them.

Ash acted on impulse like he often does and ran for the falling person and caught her- unknowingly- bridal style. When she fell into his arms, he jerked down abruptly from the weight but straightened up after recovering from the temporary shock to his muscles. He held her up with one hand under her armpit and the other on the back of her leg on the bending point. Ash was surprised to find that she was actually pretty light despite seeming to be taller than him.

Her eyes were clenched shut and one of her hands clutched her hat for dear life, which made Ash wonder if she loved her hats as much as he loved his. He wanted to wait for her to open her eyes before asking her if she was okay.

She opened one eye slowly and the other snapped open and she seemed to be in shock and her face was red as a tomato. Ash wondered why. Did she not expect anyone to save her or something? Now close up he could tell that she in fact was female- the long jacket and hat being misleading from far away. But those eyes, that hair; they seemed familiar, but he couldn't put his finger on how it was familiar.

He pushed all these thoughts away and looked down at the shocked girl. "Are you okay?" He asked.

Misty's POV

"Are you okay?" He asked her as he stared down at her worriedly.

Misty opened her mouth to try and say something but she found that she couldn't speak; her face was so red that she thought she'd catch on fire. This was a new thing for her. Misty wasn't exactly a person who had a problem with having something to say, being speechless kind of scared her. What did this boy do to her?

She swallowed and tore her eyes away from his so that she could speak again, in the process she heard snickering and looked down to see Pikachu standing below her, snickering up at them. She shot it a glare before looking back at Ash, still avoiding his eyes. "Y-yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for catching me." She hated how her voice came out as a squeak. Get a hold of yourself Misty, you've known him for years. So big deal, he saved you from falling to your death, he saves a lot of people. And big deal, he's holding you… bridal style… Oh god. She blushed a deeper red, if that was even possible.

"That's a relief!" Ash said with his goofy smile, one of the things Misty loved. He tried to put her down, struggling with this task. When Misty's feet hit the ground and he let go, her legs weren't prepared and she lost her balance and fell into Ash.

Misty was almost positive that he could feel the heat radiating from her enflamed face. "C-clumsy me." She choked out and stumbled away from him.

Ducklett flew onto her shoulder, cawing happily and rubbing against her. "Hey Ducklett, you're okay."

"So what was going on up there anyways?" Iris asked as her and Cilan walked up to them.

"Huh? Up there?" She echoed absentmindedly before hearing another explosion followed by the roar and she remembered why she had fallen. "Gyarados!" She burst out and looked up at the high cliff, trying to determine how she could get back up.

Ash blinked. "What? Gyarados?"

Misty's heart skipped a beat. Something inside of her wanted to keep her identity a secret. She hadn't been prepared to meet up with him again and she still needed to find Azurill. She needed Team Rocket's help to find Team Plasma and Ash and his friends may not understand that. She would tell him who she was later but for now she needed to focus on just getting Azurill back- and now on helping Gyarados.

"What? Gyarados? No, I didn't say Gyarados. You see, I was trying to say 'gotta go' and 'adios' and couldn't decide on one word so it came out as 'gadigos'. What's a Gyarados anyways…?" She scratched the back of her neck nervously. It was such a lame lie but Misty hoped that Ash would believe it.

"Hmm? Oh, Gyarados is a Pokemon." Ash answered her.

"Oh, alright, Well yeah, g-gotta go. Later." She was about to dash away when Ash stopped her.

"Hey wait, what's your name anyways? Mine is Ash and this is Pikachu." Ash gestured to himself first and then to his shoulder buddy.

"Pika!" Pikachu chimed in.

"And I'm Iris, I'm training to be a dragon master." Iris said and her Axew popped out of her hair, making Misty look at it strangely for a moment. "And this is Axew."

"Axew!" Axew cheered.

"And I'm Cilan, a Pokemon connoisseur." He bowed as he said this.

"Nice to meet you all, I'm Mi- I- I mean Anne." She scratched the back of her neck absentmindedly, paused, withdrew her hand and glared at it. She had picked that habit up from Ash and had it ever since she last saw him. She took her hand and grabbed her other wrist with it, acting as if she was strangling it before remembering people were still watching.

They all sweat dropped.

She looked at them and swiftly put her hands behind her back. "Well, anyways… Gotta go, come on Ducklett!" She rushed off before they could say anything to try and find a way back up the cliff.

Iris snorted with her hands on her hips. "What a kid… She seems more flighty than Bianca… and that's saying something."

"There's a mysterious ingredient to this flavor… She seemed as if she had something to hide, especially with that jacket and hat." Cilan pondered aloud.

"Huh? You think so Cilan? What would she be hiding?" Ash asked.

Cilan shrugged. "Who knows…"

Misty came back from the other side of the cliff where she was trying to find a way up but the only way was a very long way. "Do any of you have any bird Pokemon that could help me up onto the top of the cliff?" Misty asked them, feeling defeated.

"Uh, sure." Ash said and sent out Tranquill. "But I don't know if you'd be too heavy for it or not…" He muttered.

Misty couldn't stop her anger from flaring at this remark, getting back into the mindset of when they used to fight with each other all of the time. "Excuse me! Are you calling me fat Ashy-boy?!" She spat, making Ash and the others look at her in shock. She covered her mouth quickly after realizing her mistake of calling him 'Ashy-boy', a nickname only Gary and she called him. "I mean… If you could help, that'd be great." She murmured and looked away.

Ash blinked in a stunned silence for a moment before nodding. "Okay, Tranquill, see if you can carry her up to the top of the cliff."

"Tranquill!" It cooed and went to her other shoulder opposite of Ducklett.

"You help too okay Ducklett?" She turned her head to the Pokemon on her shoulder.

"Ducklett!" It cawed.

Together, the two birds lifted Misty up to the top of the cliff and made sure she had her footing before Tranquill flew above her.

"Thanks Tranquill." She smiled at it.

"Tranquill!" It responded and flew back down to the group.

"Hey! Do you need help up there?" Cilan called up to her.

"No! That's fine, thanks!" Misty called down to them before turning back toward her Gyarados, who seemed to calm down a bit, to return it to her Pokeball. All the while, she was smiling and humming lightly to herself in a dreamlike state.

Ash's POV

Ash returned Tranquill and then turned back to the group. "So now what?" He asked them.

"Well we can find a place to camp out for tonight and I'll make dinner for us." Cilan said.

"Alright! Let's go!" Ash cheered, looking forward to eating another one of Cilan's meals.

"And I could gather the berries and herbs you need for the meal if you want." Iris suggested.

"Sure Iris, that'd be great." Cilan responded.

They continued on their way to find a nice place to camp out for the night. As they were walking, Ash fell into his thoughts again, conjuring back up the thoughts of how familiar that girl seemed. He even felt like he knew that voice… But he still couldn't figure out who this person reminded him of for the life of him.

"Ash…?" Cilan broke into his thoughts.

"Huh? Yeah Cilan?" Ash asked, still distracted.

"That girl… She had a Ducklett like the Bug-Phobic girl we met in Castelia city didn't she? From what I could see of her retreating figure, she looked a lot like her too. What do you think?"

Ash suddenly felt like there was a knot in his throat at this realization of who the girl reminded him of. He dismissed these thoughts with a slight shake of his head. It's impossible. It can't be her. Besides, even if it was, why would she disguise herself as someone else? "Yeah… Maybe."