View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2012 (12:16 PM). Edited April 25th, 2012 by Jarred0809.
The Eternal Lurker
Nature: Quiet
What are your opinions on subjects such as same-sex marriage, abortion, the death penalty, and so on? Why?

Same-sex marriage: What are they doing that is so bad? Are they ruining your straight marriage? No. Are they corrupting the morality of America's youth? Not unless you consider having options "corruption". Do they all have some homosexual agenda? Only equal rights.
Abortion: Personally, I wouldn't have a woman abort my child. That doesn't mean nobody can do it. However, it's gotta be a last resort. If you don't want a baby in the first place, use a condom or the pill.
Death Penalty: I can't say yes or no for all criminals. Some people deserve to die, others don't.

Why are your beliefs the way they are?

As a kid, I saw Greek myths or Native American legends and said "That's just their way of explaining why things are like this." Then I realized the same was true about modern religion. A few months and a little research later, a new atheist was born.

Do you believe in any form of life after death?

I hope that there's some kind of "dream world" we enter when we die. I don't really believe that, I just think it would be nice if that's what happens instead of nonexistence, which is kinda eerie if you think about it.

If God does exist, what do you think it would be like?

I think he's be a /b/tard, because his sense of humor must be pretty messed up.

What are your family's general religious beliefs?

My immediate family was always kinda relaxed about religion. I think my mom is Baptist, and my dad went to the same Catholic school I attended for a few years. The only person in my family whose beliefs I have a real problem with is my mom's cousin Steve. He's hardcore about Christianity and apparently uses it to justify his racism, sexism, and other biases.