View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Archer
a.k.a: ethan.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning
That's such a good idea. It must be absolutely gorgeous! I remember emulating a bit of KH Re:COM once so I could take a screenshot of something pretty early on and it was really pretty. I totally forgot about it until now, but I think next FF I replay will get that same treatment. :D
Yeah, I grabbed a few screenshots, I think. Not that many, though. There's a few things that stand out. Large areas, such as the Calm Lands, are clear and crisp to the horizon, not a blurry green mess. Finer details, such as the textures on certain fiends and characters are surprising. Other textures show how bland they are, so you win some you lose some.

Even things like a cat in a tent in Besaid. The amount of detail on the face of something you would normally barely be able to make out is brilliant.

I did the same thing with KH2 (I ripped my own discs, before anyone asks). In a way, the simpler "cartoon" textures were better on KH2, because it all scaled so well at that res. Although you can't use any Antialiasing, which is quite evident at higher resolutions. If you have a decent PC, it's strongly recommended. Might try Final Mix at some stage.