View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2012, 04:15 PM
redriders180
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothux View Post
Hi, new to the forums.
I'm currently messing around with concepts before jumping into making a hack, working on scripts and map editing. What I would like to do is have a Pokemon Center in Pallet, so I copied the map and inserted as 4.5 (used 4.4 as another location too), renamed it so it was part of Pallet, set the warps etc.
In terms of normal use as a pokemon center, it works fine!
But when I white out from a battle, it sends me to Viridian PC

Uploaded a video (below) to show what I mean - sorry for the quality, my computer sucks.
EDIT: Can't give a direct link because I haven't made 15 posts, so at risk of being banned:
YOUTUBE URL + /watch?v=k5EAsB27G0o

Anybody come across a solution for this before? I've been googling for 2 hours now, just don't know what keywords to type in.

Thanks
This is probably because there is a set number of Pokemon Centers allowable in-game. There's twenty Pokemon Centers in Kanto, and you must have twenty. Additionally, they cant be moved around willy-nilly without hex editing. One fix is to use JPANs hack engine to increase the number of Pokemon Centers to basically infinity. The second is to use an existing Pokemon Center that warps to the Pallet Town one. The third is to hex-edit the map and bank the game warps you too.

Thank you for hatching the eggs!
Please view these dragons! Just click them and you're done!
If you don't help them grow up, they'll die...