View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Sector

Nature: Naughty
I'll join this conversation, although when it comes to religion, I always ask myself many questions and I never receive answers. Why me lol

What are your opinions on subjects such as same-sex marriage, abortion, the death penalty, and so on? Why?

Same-sex marriage: They say in the bible that this isn't allowed, someone pointed it out to me long ago, I couldn't tell you where it says exactly since I haven't looked in my bible in a long time. Personally? I think it's no harm done, if it's your choice, you can marry the same gender. I don't see the problem being any different than two different ethnicity/races marrying one another.

Abortion: I oppose to this objective. Having a child should be a life-changing moment, and not only that, it should be a joyful moment. If you're pregnant, you're pregnant. After all, having a baby is like gaining a new best friend, as you spend everyday with that child for the next 18-20 years of your life. Who wouldn't want that? I don't see why the parents of a daughter or son who just found out they are having a baby, would get ballistic and kick them out for it and so forth like the way the society is. Which tend to lead to abortion because of the fear to tell their parents about it.

Death Penalty: Death is such a tragic thing. No one deserves to die, and when the time comes, they will pass away when God wants them to, peacefully. But however, criminals do tend to get very nasty and ugly with their crimes. Those who enjoy the crap out of hurting others and murdering, need to spend the rest of their life in prison, for good. However, death penalty could lead a life away from this prison-life. Why make them escape this? As long as the criminal is behind bars in prison for life or set on Death Penalty, I have no problem with this. But for those who are innocent, this shouldn't even be on their path of living, at all.

Why are your beliefs the way they are?

Hate to say this but, I don't really have any beliefs. I mean, I've been to church, 2-3 of them, in my life. I am a Christian I suppose but, not a hardcore one or anything. I've struggled to even think about all this..my parents watch Joel Osteen every Sunday. I don't. It's not that I don't believe in God, I just question to much about everything relating to him. Especially how in the past I've always prayed and prayed and I get nothing, and watching others in my church go crazy and such, sometime I think it's an act of those people in church who are just dead-on insane and faking it. I don't have any restrictions or focus on any beliefs, I'd just like to say I'm a normal human being living my life everyday, one day at a time, I guess.

Do you believe in any form of life after death?

Seen some news about how a child was in a hospital and died for a second and came back to life saying he saw God and Jesus and says the picture of God we all creature, doesn't even come close to what he look like. Kid was like, 12 I think? Anyway, not that any of us will truly know what's ahead of this lifetime, but I do happen to love the Anime Angel Beats! and personally, I would like to go to that afterlife myself. Then again, another world to be born in with no memory of your past life? That's another one I tend to believe myself. Like for the universe, I believe with many galaxies out there, there are another planet like Earth, that lives their lives like we do. I would like to believe our souls travel from Galaxy to Galaxy and be reborn over and over again. Heck, does anyone even remember before they were awake/born, did you all feel like you were sleeping forever or something? Just a weird life we're living xD

If God does exist, what do you think it would be like?

To be honest, I couldn't even answer this even if I knew. I just think he's a normal guy figure, but massively huge and has supernatural powers. That's all I can come up with...

What are your family's general religious beliefs?

I mentioned this to one of the earlier questions, we are just normal human beings living our lives. I mean, we cuss, we eat I LOVE Fish, so we're no vegetarian, we drink(parents used to, I drank only once but not really addictive, doesn't taste that great LOL), parents used to smoke but I don't, wear whatever clothes we want, etc. We aren't really strict on things like some religious families out there.