View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2012, 07:58 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post
I oppose to this objective. Having a child should be a life-changing moment, and not only that, it should be a joyful moment. If you're pregnant, you're pregnant. After all, having a baby is like gaining a new best friend, as you spend everyday with that child for the next 18-20 years of your life. Who wouldn't want that? I don't see why the parents of a daughter or son who just found out they are having a baby, would get ballistic and kick them out for it and so forth like the way the society is. Which tend to lead to abortion because of the fear to tell their parents about it.
Some people, like me, aren't ready emotionally to have someone groping at them for the next 20 years. As you can tell with me, if I was to have a child right now, without any help from my parents, I would rather it not have ever lived than living through 20 years of mistreatment, because I can't handle a new being around me emotionally and financially like a full grown adult with a job can, and nothing that you said is valid, or is valid but is canceled out by other factors.

And what about the parents who find out that they have a child without lungs, or have no arms? What about the ones with fatal genetic disorders? They should be allowed to have an abortion. I don't know if you've ever lost something, but I can assure you even the littlest things, like a pet dog dying, can seriously damage your psyche (is that the right word?), especially if you have to experience the death in person...and even if it isn't fatal, you have to watch every day as your mangled child has to deal with the things he can't do. It is very distressing and heart-wrenching to have to go through that every day.

However the ones who are 35 and have a six-figure job and still want an abortion? No. They should be forced to enjoy the luxury (or punishment) of a child, because you have liven long enough with full freedom to do whatever you wish, and in this case everything you said is true and fully valid.

So I understand how you wouldn't want abortion to be legal, but your arguments are a little bit too general...just sayin' :I Your points are valid, but you must consider the other people who have a reason to want abortion.

Last edited by droomph; April 28th, 2012 at 08:10 PM.