View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post
Another is- Fake ill days. My mom always get called in, just like her last job, to replace the sick cashiers. But want to know something? My mom is friends with most of them on Facebook, and when she gets home later that night or the day after, she sees them posting status about "Fun day at Kalahari(Indoor Water Park), Cedar Point(Amusement Park) today was amazing, etc" And they aren't even 10 minutes from Meijers either! My mom gets really irritated that it always happen to her, all the time. But it does seem sickening to see that people call in fake sick to get their vacation days instead, literally, like 3 times a month and my mom has to work in their place everytime. Why not spend your vacation days on the days off?? I don't get people. My mom doesn't even take days off like that for her grand kid's birthday parties!
Wow, this could pretty much not happen in British supermarkets because they're so strict everytime you call in sick they don't believe you :/ We have to have meetings with managers just for taking one day off, second time in a year you get "counselling" from them, third time in a year you get a disciplinary. This means that people often go in sick handling food...