View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2012, 01:08 AM
FrostPheonix
Eternity.

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarefulWetPaint View Post
Just because he is the founder of something doesn't mean his views are the exact same as the foundations, refusing to help them out now because of one thing one member did is a little bit silly I think, but it's your call in the end.
Yeah, I suppose I just got a bit angry soz about that, I think I'll still donate or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
Overall, I think the tearing of the Bible may have been extreme and I understand why people would be offended by it, but it got a news article written, didn't it? There are millions of copies of that book, this may well be the first time one of them has been used for something positive.
As to him not being the whole organisation and all, I think that if you are the founder, you're a representative of it. Actions you make will affect how your organization is being seen, and one should consider that in public speeches. At least that's how I see it. 

And I think most of his points aren't very valid. In the shortest book of the Bible, Philemon, Paul is asking the slave owner to free a slave. Doesn't seem very pro-slavery to me. I realize the old testament has parts that are pro slavery, but I think most Christians would agree that the old testament isn't to be taken literally anymore. Since the coming of Christ we follow the New Testament. Modern Christians would follow the New testament, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure it is pro-slavery. God does tell Paul that everyone is equal in the eyes of God. I realize that he wanted to get people to realize that homosexuality isn't bad, but I don't think he had to go this extreme for it. Sure, it got into the newspapers, but it wasn't exactly positive publicity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
There are millions of copies of [the Bible], this may well be the first time one of them has been used for something positive.
...I'm trying real hard not to lash out, but can you not say something as offending as that? I realize this is an Atheist club, but that doesn't mean you have to say something like that...