View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2012 (2:15 AM). Edited April 30th, 2012 by machomuu.
A Being Made of Magic and Red Dreams
Nature: Relaxed
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
@Sapphire: ...That additional part of her history is so.... /morbid/. I guess I'm going to go ahead an approve you then. You may begin posting as you like.

@Machomuu: The SU itself is good, but I discovered a canonity problem or two. You see, this RP is based on the games and in the games there are no non-pokemon animals. It is stated very blatantly in a certain piece of lore that pokemon are eaten for food, unlike the anime where there are normal animals alongside pokemon and the manga where nobody knows. That being said, as Pokemon are completely extinct catching 'fish' is impossible.

The only other issue is more of a confusion I had when reading your SU. You say Mako cannot use his powers unless he 'synchronizes' with his pokespirit. That sounds like the transformation a pokespirit grants, however, /nobody/ should be able to use their powers when not transformed using their spirit. That's completely normal... unless I'm misunderstanding something.
Ah, I see. Well, to explain the first part, I say "fish" because in the games they call people "fisherman" and they use "fishing rods", even though in reality they catch pokemon. It's pretty much the same deal here, Mako's mother catches pokemon, and as the virus spread (as well as Arceus' act of gradually taking them away) things started to get harder for her, to the point where she'd have very little food and couldn't feed herself.

As for the latter, I'll add on to that that, I did misunderstand how that worked. Also, I forgot a pretty important detail in the opening post, I'll need to add on to it when I get back.