View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2012, 09:40 AM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostPheonix View Post
Yeah, just accepting Jesus existed won't be enough. You need to accept that God is the true God, and from there follow his (Jesus') teachings. If you just believe, you won't achieve salvation. You have to accept him completely and change. As said before, I think that the laws of the Pentateuch, the commandments under which Abraham made the covenant, are the ones by which we are no longer bound. The rest of the Old Testament is a recounting of the history of Israel, prophecies, advice and praise. Its not pick and choose, but those specific laws are no longer in effect because the old covenant has been lifted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans 10:9
...if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life
I think you're changing Theology a bit to suit what you think must be right based on what you know of this world in relation to who gets into Heaven. Question: Why do you believe that those particular laws are no longer followed? Do you have reason beyond "I don't like them"? What about verses such as this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 5:17
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
You can't say "it's not pick and choose" and then...pick and choose from the Old Testament with no justification, lol. In addition, the old covenant has not been lifted. The New Testament fulfills the covenant from the Old Testament. It doesn't replace it. Another question: Exodus is part of the Pentateuch, therefore the 10 Commandments. Do they no longer apply as well?
PM