View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2012, 08:17 AM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
Ah, see, theoretically there is a difference - but in reality there is not. A Bible may be sacred, but unless it is your own personal copy of the Bible it is totally irrational to get emotional about one being ripped. Cast off Bibles are no doubt burned, wrecked or recycled these days.

Doesn't anyone find it ironic that the original laws of God apparently got turned over because they weren't good enough?

You would think an all powerful God would manage to get some simple laws right the first time.
Yeah, you should see my brother's. You couldn't tell it's a bible, but if you looked closely you can barely read it.

And no, the laws were "perfect" so to say but the people weren't so God decided to send down Jeebus. The old rules are still in effect, and you still have to follow the rules but now it's more of a focus on "try" rather than "achieve".

However you have to be at still least somewhat decent with your results. It doesn't have to be much, but what they recommend is that you actively try to follow the name of God and his teachings and try to spread the word, while not forcing it. So yeah, the Crusades and the Inquisition were totally wrong in that sense. And if it is right I really don't see a point, because God loves Roman Catholics and Lutherans and Protestants and Muslims and Taoists and Buddhists and that weird Jedi religion in Australia and that's it and everybody else in the whole entire universe, as long as you follow his short list of rules, which consist of "You are to acknowledge my purple username accept me as your Savior" and "respect everyone".

Last edited by droomph; May 2nd, 2012 at 08:24 AM.