View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2012, 11:46 AM
Jobrjo
Mime Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrrhman View Post
I'm still a little confused about the no speed button rule. I sort of understand where you're coming from, but I just want your input on why its cheating. I've seen a couple people say that using the speed button is cheating, and honestly I just don't understand. It doesn't alter the game in any way, it literally just makes you, the judge, have to watch less video. If you have anything else to say about this, please do, I'm trying to figure all of this out, not only for your challenge, but for every challenge I come across with this rule in place. I'm not offended or trying to be a jerk about it, just curious.

Sorry about the hacking the snorlax in part, Honestly, I was doing another challenge and that was allowed, so long as it was hacked in at an appropriate level and moves and everything, and I kind of blanked on that one. Won't happen again.

For the no multiple Pokemon in the party rule: I was doing another challenge, that I decided to do myself (didn't see a thread for it at the time), called the catch 'em all challenge. Basically the goal is to just fill up the entire Pokedex with all 151 Pokemon. I did that, and thus have a ROM with all the fully evolved Pokemon in my PC. They have all been obtained legally, no hacking in master balls or rare candies (took forever in the Elite Four lol). Anyways, I'm planning on using that ROM to do this many times, and I was wondering if for time's sake, I could have 1 other Pokemon in my team that can learn Fly. As you would be able to see in my videos, he wouldn't be used in battle at all, the only thing he would be used for is after I beat the Elite Four with say a Venusaur, I could immediately Fly back to Indigo Plateau and switch Venusaur for a Charizard, and beat it again. Otherwise, I would have to walk all the way to Viridian City before I could get someone with Fly, only to Fly to Indigo to deposit him.
Well, on this particular challenge, the main reasons are:
-You can't do it normally. Whether or not it affects anything doesn't change the fact that it's cheating.
-I'd like to watch the battle myself.
-While unlikely, you may accidentaly pick a wrong move.
-It's a personal preference.

Anyway, I'll give way to this situation to fly back and forth. It;s just that in most games, there's a PC in the lobby. Wasn't aware this wasn't the case in Gen. I. But only for flying, it cannot be switched in at all.

(P.S. The only reason emulators are allowed at all (though strongly discouraged) is because some of the older games' batteries may have died, so that the save battery doesn't work and such. In those cases only I'd allow people to use an emulator that is an exact copy of the official game.)

Last edited by Jobrjo; May 3rd, 2012 at 08:24 AM.