Thread: FireRed hack: Pokémon Cyan [Beta 2 Released]
View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2012, 02:32 AM
Echidna
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
From what I can see, this hack seems very promising. Now to a full and thorough review:

Quote:
Spoiler:
This might not be related, but this logo is epic!

Quote:
Team Rocket was once a powerful force in Kanto, until one day, a boy named Red defeated them in their base - Silph Co. and went on to defeat their leader again in his GYM.
Gym shouldn't be capitalized :p

Quote:
The leader disappeared, and Team Rocket disappeared into the shadows...
Er, there's an unnecessary repetition in this statement. How about: "The leader disappeared, and Team Rocket vanished into the shadows..."?

Quote:
Team Rocket was once a powerful force in Kanto, until one day, a boy named Red defeated them in their base - Silph Co. and went on to defeat their leader again in his GYM. The leader disappeared, and Team Rocket disappeared into the shadows... 3 years later, they attacked the region of Johto and took their radio tower, but again, a boy named Gold defeated them. The last of Team Rocket finally dissolved and the regions were peaceful once again... until now... Giovanni has come back and resurrected Team Rocket from the grave, and launched an attack on the region of Celia. Pokémon have been mysteriously disappearing from Celia, what's happening to them? What are team rocket doing with them?

It's your 12th birthday, meaning you're finally allowed to go on a Pokémon Journey, just like you've always wanted to! You get a Pokémon and head out to earn badges, become a Pokémon Master, and collect all the Pokémon in the Pokédex! Whilst travelling through the Celia archipelago, you stumble upon team rocket attempting to catch Regirock, one of the the legendary regis! You soon discover their plans, and it's up to you, whether to join team rocket and help them achieve their goals, or help the regis and save Celia from their plan! What will YOU choose?...
Your story is freaking epic! Team Rocket has always been my favorite Pokemon villain organization. Choosing them as the main villains of your hack was a great decision, especially since I always found a weak story-line out of such a great organization being defeated (: Just proves they aren't willing to give up.

Quote:
Explore the tropical and exotic Celia archipelago!
The return of Dive and Whirlpool HMs!
Many new Fakémon!
4th and 5th Gen Pokémon!
Headbutt trees!
Sidequests
Minigames
New Music
New Story!
A tropical region! YES! Tropical based hacks/games are my all time favorite, cause I love light colored tiles, lol :p

I'm really eager to see Dive and Whirlpool implemented in your Rom! If successful, this feature will make your hack a special one! Great idea!

Quote:
Many new Fakémon!
4th and 5th Gen Pokémon!
I'd really like to see some of those Fakemon. However, I don't feel it's a great idea to have a mixed Pokedex between Fakemon and Pokemon. It could get quite messy. However, if the Pokemon are simply pre and post evolutions of existing Pokemon, than it could work (:

Quote:
You're chosen tiles are just amazing! I love the light colors and the tropical feeling of it all. Also, the water tiles are very well done, kudos!

Quote:
I agree with DrFuji, that ledge would be better if you straightened it out.

Quote:
I must say, this Sudowoodo evolution is epic! Very well done, is it your doing?

I must say, you've done a pretty damn good job with this hack! It still has a long way to go, but kudos to you sir. Wish you luck! (: