View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2012 (6:09 AM).
King of the Hell
Originally Posted by parallelzero View Post
But the active RPs are on the first two pages, and then the inactive are every page after that... I really don't see what this would accomplish aside from making an unecessary, extra forum. It won't do anything extra to organize things, it'll just split the forum up for no reason and create uneeded work for the staff. I'm sure if the whole RP system was organized differently, it'd work, but with things the way they are, I don't think so.
There are active RPs that rarely use their OOC though, as well as a bunch of landmines closed or ended RPs that have no further use being there. I feel if it were only the active RPs on the actual boards, there'd be a much more sleek and smooth look to it.

As for taking up memory... It wouldn't. It's be the exact same amount of data... just moved to a different page.

It doesn't sound like it'd be a whole lot of effort after the first overhaul. Instead of simply locking or deleting a thread, it would be moved to the archive. If the GM wants it back on the list, they just contact the admin. Simple as that. Because recently-made RPs that have reached a dead-end (including my Minecraft RP, due to low interest and life taking away free time from players) or recently abandoned RPs will still be in those front pages. Not to mention when someone posts in one of those threads and it shoots right back to the top.

To be quite honest, I never even go past the first page.

I think it'd seem... Well, cleaner, to have only the in-progress or just-starting RPs in the regular threads. Separating alive from dead would probably increase the chance of a new RP actually starting off, and getting the players it needs to survive.

Speaking of which, why not add icons for these kinds of things? Like little icons stuck to every RP, meaning "this RP is open for SUs" or "Inactive" or "Dead" or "NEEDS PLAYERS!"

By the way, I'm going to go supernova... Soon... It will be glorious...