View Single Post
Old May 21st, 2012 (6:25 PM). Edited May 21st, 2012 by redriders180.
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Originally Posted by Aruaruu View Post
Sorry if wrong section :/

I'm trying to work out how I would go about making Mystery Gift items work without outside interaction (Memory Editors or anything.)

For example I want to keep the requirements to travel to Navel Rock to catch Lugia & Ho-Oh but I need the mystery gift activation for the tickets to work. Maybe have it as an item and when I pick it up it sets the flag to allow travel to the island that ticket would normally give.

While I'm at it I'll probably need to know how to place in the other roaming dogs...*sigh*

Thank you.
I think I can help. For your first question, I'd check around the script where the dockworker checks for tickets, for the S.S. Anne, Sevii Islands, and the event islands. Certain flags are checked, so just find the one that corresponds to the ticket you want.

For the second, I believe special 0x129 activates roaming Pokemon. Which appears is controlled by variable 0x4031, which stores which starter the player picked at the beginning of the game. Setting it to 0x0 means you picked Bulbasaur, so Entei will roam. Setting to 0x1 means you picked Squirtle, so Raikou will roam. Finally, setting to 0x2 means Charmander, so Suicune will roam. Without modifying the code, you can't have more than one roaming Pokemon at a given time.

Hope this helps!

I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.