View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2012 (7:00 AM).
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Originally Posted by Waggs View Post
I'm not sure why, but whenever I go to a certain area in this gym one of the sprites I added becomes miscolored. I think it's taking on the palette of the sprite near it but I can't be completely sure. But sometimes it's in reverse and the other takes on the other palette. And the last thing I've seen once or twice is that the Blonde haired sprite will just disappear and reappear once I get close.
I've seen the first happen many times for me, and it usually has something to do with palettes. The game only has room to display 11 palettes at any given time, and ten of them are reserved (One palette for the hero, four for other OWs, one for hero in fog, and four for other OWs in fog), with one being variable. The consequence is that you can only have one of these variable ones on the screen at a time. So if you use multiple OWs with palettes that aren't palette number 0x0, 0x3, 0x4, 0x5, or 0x6, they end up taking on the other's color. I don't know if this applies to you, but I guess it's worth a shot

For the second, check that all the person event numbers to make sure they're al different. If two are the same, then the sprites dissapear and reappear when you get close, and their dialog is the same as well.

I think I'm done with ROM hacking. I'll still pop in and visit, though.