Thread: Red hack: Pokémon Prototype
View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:54 AM
Danny-E 33
Experienced Hacker

Nature: Lonely
Hack Name: Pokémon Prototype

Hack Of: Pokémon Red

Introduction: This is a hack I have been working on for a while now, and it is coming along very nicely. Much of the game is completely redone to give you a new fresh experience, while still maintaining that traditional Pokémon game feel. An important purpose of this thread is to get lots of feedback from people on my hack. I'll ask many questions and I'm very interested in your ideas and opinions. Here's what I have so far...

Story: You are a teenager who gets his first Pokémon from a professor who lives next door, Prof. Oak. He tells you about the recent advancements made by Pokémon scientists and researchers. Scientists from Cinnabar Island have been researching an ancient Pokémon that's believed to be extinct named Mew. After studying Mew's DNA long enough, the scientists attempted to create a Prototype clone that they called Mewtwo. The Prototype destroyed the research lab on Cinnabar Island and escaped. Prof. Oak asks you and his grandson to work together to gather all the information you can and find out where Mewtwo has gone. He informs you that Team Rocket, a group of Pokémon thugs, has already began an intense investigation to track down the Prototype. If Team Rocket gets their hands on Mewtwo, they could use that power to take down anyone who gets in their way. You must assemble a powerful team of Pokémon and get to Mewtwo before Team Rocket!

Features:
-Titlescreen completely overhauled
-Maps completely redone
-Town Map rearranged
-Wild Pokémon data changed (Pokédex completion is possible within the game)
-Rival's, Gym Leaders', Elite Four's, other trainers' parties modified
-Items in marts, Game Corner prizes, in-game trades, other items given to you by people throughout the game are different
-A significant amount of text changed to fit the new storyline (ALL CAPS WORDS removed)
-Many graphics are edited (front and back Pokémon sprites (no more pixely back sprites!), trainer sprites, a whole new font, and much more)
-Music replaced

Videos:
Prototype Title Screen - "Who's That Pokémon?"

Prototype Preview

Screenshots:
New Titlescreen

"Danny-E 33" Logo

Town Map

New Player Back Sprite (credit: Poketto)

New Battle HUD

Different Venusaur (and Ivysaur) Front/Back Sprite Palettes

New Sprites and Palettes

Colored Oak Intro

New Font

Recolored Pokéballs

GSC Recolors

Yellow (and Green) Recolors

Poketto's Sprites

Red Backsprite Revamp - Gambler Recolor - Channeler Recolor - Giovanni Recolor - Custom Cooltrainer M

Fire Red/Leaf Green Devamps

Old Man Backsprite (Mateo) - Enigneer (Luigi-San) - Cueball - Tamer - Cooltrainer F (PixelEye) - Lorelei - Agatha

Progress:
Titlescreen - 100%
Maps - 7%
Town Map - 100%
Wild Pokémon - 0%
Trainer Parties - 0%
Items - 0%
Text - 50%
Graphics - 100%
Music - 10%

Pokémon Prototype Support Banner
HTML Code:
[URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=280847][IMG]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/1686/prototypebannerf.png[/IMG][/URL]

Copy the above text into your signature and help me out!

Hacks made from my Pokémon Red - Gen. II Graphics Patch:
Pokemon Red Proud Eyes [Skeetendo Link] by break
Pokemon Grape [Skeetendo Link] by 80C
Pokémon Red: Battle Factory [Skeetendo Link] by ShantyTown
Pokemon Ice Blue by Dradier234
Pokemon Tough Red by slim spazzy
Pokemon Red: Legends by BroskiRage
Pokemon Brutal Blue by ScytherTM

Moderator of The

Last edited by Danny-E 33; January 24th, 2014 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Updated Screenshots