View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2012, 04:16 AM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
But also agreeing that without the forms, people have a greater tendency to just post with mere "can I join?" intros. I find that ditching user lists also stops this post but people seem to love lists (even though I hate them and find them very tacky and annoying to update--which is why people don't keep them very up-to-date) so I don't bring this up much, lol.

Btw, I'd be okay with nationality clubs.
I know I'm in the minority here, but I actually have no problem with "can I join?" posts. Usually when people post them in my clubs they post them with a reason explaining why they should be allowed to join (apparently not realising that it's against the rules to deny anybody and they need no justification). Even when they don't, it's easy enough just to welcome them in and carry on with the conversation. I've never been in a situation where it's halted or derailed the discussion.

They also help with the member lists, which I love . I think the member list, even though it's not hard to become a member of a club, is a great aesthetic touch to set a club apart from just a thread.

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.