View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2012 (01:29 PM). Edited May 31st, 2012 by Chaos Rush.
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Unfortunately Jambo51 has encountered some problems with the Pokedex expansion, and I don't want to pressure him to get them fixed. Also I'm going to re-do this whole thing, but this time on FireRed.

Now I know you're thinking: What's the point of doing this on FireRed if Jambo51's project (the original inspiration for this) is already on FireRed? Here's why:

*Jambo's project is focused towards 5th Gen, while mine will be focused towards 4th Gen
*Jambo's project is designed for emulators, while mine is specifically designed for GBA hardware through use of a flashcart, so I don't want features like the Day/Night system because they won't work
*I'll learn things in the process anyway
*I can easily copy+paste all the data and repoint tables as necessary
*FireRed is more documented
*Jambo51 provided documentation in his own thread on expanding the Pokedex (well kinda but whatevs)
*The original reason why I wanted to do DarkViolet on Ruby/Emerald is no longer applicable due to some ASM hacks that are possible on FireRed
*I'm working on all 4th Gen moves, thus forcing me to learn ASM more
*I'm Chaos Rush and I can do whatever I want and don't care if random people on the internet think its pointless

Quote originally posted by daldryx:
Are the new moves still being implemented in this hack?
As of very recently, yes. I've actually already begun working on the new FireRed project several days ago:

I'll probably be starting a new thread since this new project will be slightly different, so a mod can close this if he/she wants.