View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2012 (08:23 AM).
Electricmudkip
N wins at life.

Nature: Naughty
So . . . I have a small idea for a fic I'm going to write, which is kind of loosely based on the history of Unova. Hopefully, I won't write myself into a corner this time like with all my other fics. For this one, I'm going to write a vague outline / timeline first so the plot doesn't just randomly stop.

Spoiler:
In Unova, they worship three dragons: Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem, known for being extremely destructive. The people don't really revere them but rather fear them because the dragons destroyed the region before, and so they try to satisfy them so they don't raze Unova.

The way to do this is sacrificing people and Pokemon to the dragons. Before any old person or Pokemon can be thrown to Reshiram, Zekrom, or Kyurem, they have to be prepared in an extensive, months-long ritual. In charge of this ritual are three high priests. They are Hilda, Cheren, and Bianca, high priests/esses
in charge of Zekrom, Kyurem, and Reshiram respectively.

Of course, due to their line of work, the three of them don't have any problems at all with dressing up people and Pokemon and giving them to the dragons to eat. In fact, the first rule they learned when trying to become high priests was: "Under no circumstances shall you form a bond with anyone you work with, be it human or Pokemon." They were taught that so the three of them don't get emotionally devastated by sacrificing someone they care about, yes, but it was mostly made so no high priest would try to save one of the sacrificial victims.

And then Hilda has to go off and break that rule. She falls for Cress, one of the people she's in charge off. Yeah, it's pretty much a crack pairing. (Side note: Cress is one of the most vocal about protesting the sacrifice.) With that, she slowly begins to accept the fact that no, what's she's doing is not okay. Meanwhile, Cheren has been studying the dragons and finds something interesting: the God Stone, a legendary artifact that purportedly can tame the feral dragons (Watch it do something totally ironic in Black 2 and White 2 now that I've said it). The location of this strange God Stone is just as legendary, said to rest at the island in the center of Unova, a place where many strange things are reported to occur.

Ever since her revelation, Hilda is hung up on getting there and finding the God Stone. Cheren decides he'll come with her if it works. And Bianca is still a faithful High Priestess, working diligently since The Feeding (yes, it's in all caps) is coming up. Oh, that's right, The Feeding's coming up! They've got what, a month or so until Hilda's love interest and the other plot points die. It's a race against the clock! And what if the God Stone doesn't tame the dragons? Well . . . we'll find out later, since that's all I've figured out.

So, what do you guys think? Please give me feedback on my story idea!