Thread: LeafGreen hack: Pokémon Keratin Version
View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2012 (1:44 PM).
Gone. May or may not return.
Nature: Impish
Originally Posted by Iceypunchy View Post
Snakewood was one the best hacks i've played and this looks really promising
Thanks. Let's hope I get somewhere with it.

Originally Posted by mavy42 View Post
Woohoo, another hack by the best storyteller in Pokecommunity!!!!
Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks. I'm going to need every one of those exclamation marks; it's going to take a lot of luck for me to get this done.

Originally Posted by Crimson Stardust View Post
If snakewood was fun to play with, then this hack will be more fun...i hope it is.but yeah, seeing your previous hack, i cant wait for a more detail update in the future..)
annddd yessss....storyline is more well as abit enchance graphic..haha
Originally Posted by hinkage View Post
That would make sense, but it's not only that character. They all have that uppity (for lack of a better word <_>) way of talking.
Yes. You may not have noticed, but realism - especially in terms of dialogue - is not at all a major concern of mine. There is a time and place for it - perhaps when I'm trying to develop a particular character, or approaching something in a slightly more serious manner (for Keratin is nothing more to me than an amusing side dish in the buffet of life) - but frankly, I don't care about it. It doesn't seem to be that big a problem for most people, to be honest, so I'd suggest that you are outside my target audience. Since the style of hack I make is tailored for quite a specific audience, that's wholly understandable - in fact, I'm surprised I haven't encountered more people who dislike the way I do things, this being the Internet and all - and I'd suggest that you might find other hacks more to your taste.

That being said, you make a valid point - or semi-valid at least, since I can't see how you would know more than a small fraction of the actual dialogue from Keratin, even in its current state - and it's something I should consider. Certainly, some characters need an individual personality and speech pattern, and I have no doubt that I'll do something at least to ensure that they do.

Originally Posted by edogg View Post
Are you planning on adding any telefangs in that was a cool feature.
Probably not, I'm afraid, but I might add things from some other random little-known games. I mean, I wouldn't put it past me.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.