Thread: Red hack: Pokémon Prototype
View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Danny-E 33
Experienced Hacker

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
This hack sound promising, (not very often we said older generation hacks).
But the screenshots don't show alot in my opinion.
Like, the second and third, look no different to pokémon red.
The fourth? Looks like the Oak script from Pokémon Red, just with blockade stones all around.
The first and final shots are the only ... 'decent' ones. I like the title screen, i've not seen many title hacks of Red, and is that Gold's overworlds for the player? (fifth shot).

Either way, I wish you the best of luck in this project.
Yeah, I definitely agree with you, some of the screenshots don't show very much. But when I make enough progress, I'll add alot more. But to open a thread of my hack I needed a minimum of 5 screenshots that show progress. And they all do show sooomething. If you compare it to Pokemon Red, the second screenshot shows a new arrow graphic and that the ALL CAPS words were removed. The third shows the new border for the text boxes which is the border used for GSC (and the japanese versions of Red and Green). So they don't show a whole lot, but hey, I needed 5 screenshots The fourth image is the remade Route 1. I'm not sure why you say it doesn't show much. That is real progress. It shows just as much as the screenshot of the remade Viridian City. And yes, I am using Gold's overworld sprite and I will also be using Gold's battle sprite (although I might modify it a bit).

And thank you very much(:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
The water looks weird if it's not bordered... it looks like it's about to flow away...
If it cannot be done, then my bad.
No, it's just that water is not supposed to be bordered on the bottom. That's just how it was in the old games

Hacks made from my Pokémon Red - Gen. II Graphics Patch:
Pokemon Red Proud Eyes [Skeetendo Link] by break
Pokemon Grape [Skeetendo Link] by 80C
Pokémon Red: Battle Factory [Skeetendo Link] by ShantyTown
Pokemon Ice Blue by Dradier234
Pokemon Tough Red by slim spazzy
Pokemon Red: Legends by BroskiRage
Pokemon Brutal Blue by ScytherTM

Moderator of The

Last edited by Danny-E 33; June 26th, 2012 at 01:27 AM.