View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2012, 10:55 PM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by !MaX! View Post
Full feedback will be up in a few days maybe tomorrow if I decide to rush it but for now some bug reports and some bloopers!

After beating the final gym(final for this beta I mean) I got around doing a few random things and then I decided to visit my hometown!

The Bulbasaur npc is back again!

I guess this has to do with the fact I'm still using my beta 2.2 save file, nothing too serious since Theresa still remembers that she already gave me a Bulbasaur, it's just weird that's all!

And now, for a game breaking one!

OH MY GOD, WHAT IS GOING ON????????????

Apparently, entering my house triggered one of the scripts again, with disturbing results!

After the script ends, the game doesn't freeze but it's impossible to move unless you use a cheat code!(I have saved anyway just before I entered my house)

Using the walk through walls gameshark code will help you escape and after that you can enter and leave the house without any problem!
Yeah... all that is definitely because of using your save file from Beta 2.2. The reason for this happening is because I happened to change Bulbasaur's flag no. because I noticed it was using an "unstable" flag in older versions and the reason why you're having bugs at the home is that I accidentally changed one other place to use the same trigger flag as your home (meaning the trigger event in there was already over) and later on, changed home's trigger flag to something else.

I'm wondering though, didn't you notice any other glitches happening in places that use triggers according to this? By heart, I can only think of a couple of places where the triggers could actually work by having the trigger flag activated from the beginning when you get there.

EDIT (to this):
If you open the VBA's memory viewer and go to offset D6CD with it, the value there should be 00. I assume that the value in your save file is different (01 or 02) though so you should change it to 00 if so (and then use a save state afterwards). That should prevent bugs in following versions to occur. To fix Bulbasaur glitch, increase the value in offset D7B9 by 80.
Quote:

The tree that the Charmander was guarding gives no berries any more!

Don't know if this is a bug or intentional!

This screenshot is from The Capital!

The mobs at the side are different and lower lvl than those at the sea!

Again, I don't know if this is intentional or not!
That "berry tree bug" occurs because of the fact, that's not a normal berry tree. The script of that tree "simulates" a script of a berry tree as highly as I possibly could do back then (not sure if there is a better way through scripting only) so basically, no berries will ever grow in it.
If there were no rare candies to be picked, I could of course make it a normal berry tree instead.

About the other screenshot, I've no idea what you're talking about . I see nothing wrong (no tile-errors ?) with it and a wordbook translated "mob" as "group of people" so it really doesn't say a thing to me either.

Quote:
And now for some bloopers!

Spoiler:

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Spoiler:
Ok, I admit this was a pain to find!

What's with the graveyard of signs?

I almost expected a zombie coming out of the ground!

HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
That "Viridian City" you see there won't exist in the game and that part of Suden (East) can't be entered yet. It's just there for showing what East-Suden looks, that's all.
It looks like I couldn't pack this up although I think I could!
The events calling you a "CHEATER" occur by the fact that a friend of mine thought it would be cool if I changed the pointer to "Object event." display that sentence instead. So yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by godlesplay View Post
can anyone tell me where are pages of magic book ?

Quote:
I hope it's pretty self-explanatory!
Spoiler:

Two found, another two left to go!
And the remaining two may wait till the next beta, or further...

Here's a hint in finding another one:

Spoiler:
Even some houses have items hidden inside them. Even your home does...

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations

Last edited by miksy91; June 11th, 2012 at 01:05 AM.