View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2012 (01:45 PM).
CliveKoopa

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CliveKoopa Send a message via Yahoo to CliveKoopa Send a message via Skype™ to CliveKoopa
Chapter 3: Plumbers and Prophecies

The arrival of two humans is set to change the destinies of both the Mushroom and Koopa Kingdoms forever. This is the story of how the Mario Brothers came into the Mushroom Kingdom and takes place roughly six months after the previous chapter.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It was night-time in Castle Koopa and one resident was having trouble sleeping. Kamek was tossing and turning in his bed and was having a terrible nightmare.

“Bowser, are you okay?” Kamek shouted. Castle Koopa was on fire and was tumbling down. Several of Bowser's troops had perished and the koopalings were missing. Bowser was on the floor underneath some rubble what had collapsed of the top of the throne-room.

“Kamek, get yourself and my survuving troops to safety,” Bowser said weakly.

“I'm not leaving without you,” Kamek said. “What about your kids?”

“Its too late for me. The Koopa Empire has fallen and my kids are missing. I don't know where they are of if they are alive,” Bowser said. Kamek was now crying.

“No I will not let you or your empire die. We will rise up and we will defeat the Mario Brothers,” Kamek said defiantly.

Bowser shook his head sadly.

“I'm afraid we've lost Kamek, there's nothing for us anymore. At least you can live your life and be happy,” Bowser said, his voice getting weaker each time.

Kamek wasn't listening though. He was about to speak when some more fiery rubble fell on top of Bowser.

“NOOOOOOOOOO,” Kamek shouted. Kamek saw the whole ceiling was about to collapse and decided to run for it. He along with a group of koopa troopas and hammer brothers made it to the entrance. Kamek tried to open the door but it was blocked.

“Oh no, we're trapped,” Kamek said frantically trying to open the door. He looked out of the peep-hole and saw the door had been deliberately blocked with brick blocks and ? blocks. He noticed Mario and Luigi looking on from the distance as Kamek took one last look at the ceiling as it began to fall.

“Oh please no,” Kamek said. “It can't end like this.”

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,” Kamek screamed.

All of a sudden Kamek woke up. He was breathing heavily and looked around and checked himself. He breathed a big sigh of relief. It was all just a dream or was it? Kamek had been having very similar nightmares for the past two weeks now. The scenarios are always different but the outcome is always the same and ends in the demise of the Koopas. He got out of bed and took a hand-drawn picture out of his drawers. It was a picture of the Mario Brothers what Kamek had drawn himself to remind him of what they look like in case they were to appear in real life. Kamek wasn't sure whether these dreams were warnings of what is to come or what might come. He took out a diary and wrote down his dream in vivid detail.

Meanwhile in the Mushroom Kingdom about ten miles south of Toad Town, a warp pipe popped up and two humans were ejected out by force. The Mario Brothers had finally arrived although they did not know their destiny yet.

“Ow that hurt,” Luigi said as he landed hard on his bottom. “Mario, are you okay?”

“I'm fine Luigi,” Mario said as they got up to their feet. They looked around in astonishment towards their surroundings.

“Hey, where are we Mario?” Luigi asked.

“I don't know Luigi but I have a feeling we're not in Brooklyn anymore,” Mario said. “We should take a look around and maybe get some answers to where we are.”

“Good idea, this place looks kinda creepy,” Luigi said.

They continued walking when they heard a voice from up ahead call to them.

“Hey you, over there,” said a Toad who ran up to them.

“Huh, who are you?” Mario asked.

“What are you, more like?” Luigi asked.

The Toad was quite shocked and offended by Luigi's comment.

“For your information, I am a Toad, which may come as a surprise to you but that is my name also,” he said.

“So your name is Toad and your species is Toad,” Luigi said. “Very interesting. Could you by any chance tell us where we are and how to get home?”

“You are in the Mushroom Kingdom. As for getting home, I'm afraid that's not possible. I've seen humans like you come here before through what we call a warp pipe, which is how you got here. Unless you know how to control pipes and by chance the right pipe appears for you, then you are stuck here permanently,” Toad said.

“Well that's a bummer,” Mario said. “Well at least we can go and find some place to eat, I'm starving.”

“How can you th..” Luigi said before being interrupted.

“Wait a second, I was told that two humans fitting your description would one day come here,” Toad said.

“What do you mean?” Luigi asked confused.

“There is a prophecy what tells that two humans would overcome an evil empire and bring peace to the Mushroom World. Oh my, it's true. You are those humans,” Toad said. “You have to come with me.”

“Wait, what prophecy, what are you talking about?” Mario asked.

“I'll tell you on the way, but please follow me. I'll take you to see Peach. She'll fill you in on a lot more detail when we meet her.” Toad said as he ran ahead with the Mario Brothers running behind.

Back in Castle Koopa, Kamek was telling Kammy about his dreams.

“Are you sure they are real and not just dreams?” Kammy asked,

“Positive. In all my life, I have never had a dream so vivid and so clear. Not only that but I have been having repeated dreams every day for the past two weeks and I'm really scared now,” Kamek said.

Kammy walked over to Kamek and put her hands on his shoulders.

“Listen Kamek, if what you are saying is true then all we have to do is make sure that the outcome of your dreams never happen. We must find the humans involved and capture them,” Kammy said.

“Capturing them might not be enough,” Kamek warned. “What's to stop them escaping and destroying us all. We may have to kill them.”

Kammy nodded and then said, “Well if that is the case then so be it. Just stay calm and don't let it bother you, I won't let anything happen to the kingdom or to you. Not while I'm still living. I'll go and see what I can do and I'll see if I can find something to help you with your dreams.”

As soon as Kammy left, a hammer brother knocked on Kamek's door.

“Yes, what is it?” Kamek answered.

“Bowser wishes to see you, it's urgent.” the hammer brother said.

“I'll be right there,” Kamek said. He took a few deep breaths then left his room to see Bowser.

In the throne-room were several troops all wondering why they had been summoned. Kamek walked over to the front and waited for Bowser to appear. Clive was also there along with many other of Bowser's most trusted allies.

“Hey, what's going on?” Clive asked Tony.

“No idea. I've never seen the throne-room this packed before,” Tony replied.

There must have been around 600 or more koopa troopas, hammer brothers, sledge brothers, shy guys, magikoopas and many other species all standing in the throne-room at that time. After about ten minutes Bowser walked out looking quite agitated along with his wife Francine and all of the koopalings.

“Welcome everyone. I'm sorry to bring you all here in such short notice but I have some very bad news to bring you all. You are my most trusted and gifted soldiers and I need you all to listen carefully,” Bowser said.

They all remained quiet intent on listening to what Bowser had to say. Kamek had a strong feeling though that he already knew what Bowser was going to say.

“An age-old prophecy what I have long feared has come true,” Bowser finally said after a pause.

Kamek held his head in his hand as he realised his dreams and everything he had seen was all true.

“Two humans who prophecy states will destroy the Koopa Empire and all of us have finally entered the Mushroom Kingdom,”. Bowser continued.

The troops looked at each other in confusion unsure what Bowser was talking about. They started chattering amongst themselves getting all confused and panicky.

“QUIET!!” Bowser shouted silencing everyone. “Thank you. Now I want you all to remain calm and let me finish.”

The troops remained quiet and waited for Bowser to continue speaking.

“As I was saying, the humans in question arrived in the Mushroom Kingdom about a few hours ago and are now currently with Peach. Peach will surely pass her powers onto these humans, which will make them very dangerous indeed. I want you all to look at the screen I'm about to show,” Bowser said before going behind the throne and pulled down a curtain revealing a large picture of the Mario Brothers.

“This is Mario and Luigi, collectively known as the Mario Brothers. If you see them, be very careful of them. They will show no mercy and will kill you. Now I don't care who does it or how you do it, I want you to get rid of these humans. Capture them or kill them. Do as you please but for now, keep them away from here,” Bowser said. “Any questions?”

A shy guy near the front put his hand up.

“Yes, you?” Bowser asked.

“If we capture them but not allowed to bring them here, then what are we supposed to do?” the shy guy said.

“Whatever you want, keep them as personal slaves for all I care. I just don't want them here where they can destroy us like the prophecy says,” Bowser replied. “All you have to do is to make sure the prophecy never comes true. Them just being here is proof that this can happen and Kamek here has been having the most awful of dreams,” Bowser said. “For now you are all dismissed. You may now go back to your regular duties but this is just a warning to be careful of them. If you ever get into contact with them, do what you have to to be rid of them.”

All the troops then left until only Bowser, Francine and the koopalings remained.

“Daddy, are you alright? Those nasty humans aren't going to hurt us, are they?” Wendy asked.

“No Wendy, I won't let anything happen to us. Our family and the empire are here to stay,” Bowser said. “Lets go back inside the headquarters. I'll cook us all dinner.”

“Sounds good to me,” Wendy said.

Meanwhile Clive was in his room going through some paperwork and was doing some thinking. He had heard about the prophecy from his parents and told to always fear it and he did.

“So the famed Mario brothers are finally here. Unlucky for them. Surely they can't beat the whole empire, just the two of them, powers or not. I'll make sure that I am the one who goes down in history as the one who prevented the prophecy from ever coming true,” Clive said to himself.

Many of the other troops who were present at the time were also thinking the same thing. Kamek, meanwhile managed to get a good night's sleep for a change and his nightmares didn't bother him again.