View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
Scarf, you indeed can call that a failure on their part to reach you as an audience member. However if there is a man on a stage telling a clever story and oh, say, 76% of the people in the room get it, I wouldn't be so fast to assume that the failure is on his part or that his story is without substance.
Again, I'd say there is not necessarily an "it" to "get" that some do and some don't, but whether the artist and audience connect over something. Even Twilight gets a near 50% on Rotten Tomatoes. 2 our of 4 compared to DWP's 3 out of 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
I've never seen Zoolander so I can't comment with any degree of authority, but your gifs combined with a quick Google search which tells me that it stars Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson and *shudder* Will Ferrell say to me that the comedy is going to be derived mostly from people falling over, speaking in ridiculous accents and pulling funny faces. Definitely not my kind of movie lol
Zoolander is... well, it's a lot of what you said, but it goes to such a ridiculous place it comes out the other side as something amazingly entertaining. Plus it has some fantastic cameos.

You probably think I have awful taste in movies now. lol Oh, I'd love to see us try to arrange a Friday movie night.

deviantart blog pair