View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2012, 08:36 AM
NatureKeeper
No longer active here.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NatureKeeper Send a message via Skype™ to NatureKeeper
To be frank, nobody knows what the Wii U's up to.

It is slightly more powerful than the current generation. To say it has revolutionary features would be an understatement. But there are a few flaws:

-8 GB Internal Flash Memory. Seriously? That can hold tonnes of WiiWare/VC games (aside from GameCube), but not Wii (U) games. And it can only hold up to 16 GCN games if we were lucky and the games weren't packed to the 2 GB of the GCN CD.

-Resistive Touch Screen. Although it allows precise use of the stylus, the use of the GamePad in the Wii U is better as capacitive than resistive. But then again, the 3DS isn't that bad with my finger, just needs a bit more pressure than phones or tablets. And with capacitive, the controller will be more expensive- and we don't want the Wii U to get the Vita treatment.

-Digital L/R/ZL/ZR triggers. Err... Most systems now have them analog.

That's it. I am glad the Wii U's launch lineup is strong. New Super Mario Bros U alone will cause some sales. Assassin's Creed III will no doubt fuel the sales further. Arkham City is going to be super-meh because everyone already played it. Also, Black Ops 2 is, according to a leak from the Nintendo Gamer magazine, is getting a November release [link] for the Wii U- so we have what the "hardcores" need.

I can safely say that I am looking forward to it. Not sure at all about the sales. The 3DS started slow, but is now outselling the Vita 10:1ish. Will the Wii U walk in its predecessor and it's handheld companion's steps or will it go in a completely different path (for better or for worse)? Time will tell.

Last edited by NatureKeeper; July 4th, 2012 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Editing based on new info.