Thread: B2/W2: An Altered Type Chart
View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2012 (8:46 AM).
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by giradialkia:
It'd be pretty cool if it were true, seeing as it would take away the 'vulnerable to nothing' factor of Spiritomb and Sabeleye (as so many have already have mentioned).

However, as also mentioned in the last post on the previous page, this would cause a compatibility issue between BW and B2W2. And I'm fairly sure I read somewhere it'd be possible to battle/trade from B2W2 back to BW. (If someone can steer me straight on this, that'd be great). So with this in mind, I'mma take this as a typo, because I'm kinda hopeful we can battle/trade between them :3
Quote originally posted by Jellicent♀:
I agree. It'd finally be nice to see those two weak to something. But again, that would cause a serious issue with battling Black and White players (which yes, you are able to trade with!). I have no doubt in my mind that it's a typo. I've had a guidebook that showed a Wigglytuff to have the same stats as a Zapdos, so yeah.
As far as I've seen there is no actual confirmation of being able to battle between B2W2 and BW but you can definately trade. (You'd assume that battle would be possible as well since they aren't pulling the time capsule thing from G/S) As for compatibility, no it wouldn't effect the compatibility unless a new Type was added that wasn't in the previous game, new attacks were added, or a new ability was added cause then the previous game wouldn't be able to read that data.

Hiroshi had explained how battle between two games that made small changes within the same Generation plays out.

Quote originally posted by Hiroshi Sotomura:
Last I heard, the host game dictates the battle rules. If [move x] has a different effect between games and the group leader has Black 2, then Black 2's version of [move x] would prevail over Black's version of [move x].

Just ask the accuracy-changing Hypnosis.