View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2012 (09:23 AM).
Zephele
✧ leave it to me!

Quote originally posted by AlexOzzyCake:
Interesting... I've gotta say, I can't see Kyurem as cute at all. Normally Pokémon have some kind of cuteness to them (even Steelix has it's derpy face), but I can't see anything like that in Kyurem. In my mind it's just a cold-hearted badass of a Pokémon. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's still a cool Pokémon and I very much enjoy using it, but it's not really cute at all D: Plus its lop-sided wing kind annoys me. xD
My opinion on Kyurem is probably heavily influenced by how often I saw cutesy fanart of it, particularly when the Black and White were first released. If I recall correctly, I saw a lot of fanart and comments regarding how Kyurem looked rather weak, or even pathetic, particularly compared to Zekrom and Reshiram.

The same's happened with Heatran. I really had no opinion on it at the start. But when the Air Balloon item was released in Gen V, I saw a good set of fanart showing Heatran floating around in a cutesy manner, tied to a little red balloon, and now I can't stop imagining that whenever I see the Pokemon.

I guess once I get a cute image in my head of a particular Pokemon, it's hard to remove. Sure, I can still see Kyurem and Heatran as being badass, but the cute side dominates now, at least for me, haha.