Thread: [Tool] Nerketur's Pile of Tools
View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2012 (08:20 PM). Edited June 24th, 2012 by Nerketur.
PokéScripter

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by droomph:
Sorry for not helping out You should also start working on an image editor once you get that finished - that's about the only part of PMD that we'll need to change in order for full hacks.
I have good news and bad news about that.

Good news: Assuming I can create said file, I CAN put it in the ROM properly.

Bad news: In order to figure out how to make the files, I'd have to understand the PKDPX format (and SIR0) enough to re-create them and such. So, if I do make one, it'd be far in the future.

Okay news: You can use YY-CHR to view some of the images, and then put them back in the same way, (kind of like with unLZGBA, which you can probably use as well), but you'd have to understand how the images piece together and everything. This will not work with everything. But it will work with at least Pokemon Sprites, Dungeon Items, Floor Traps, and a select few others.

Basically, I have no plans to make said tool by myself. However, I am willing to work with someone else with figuring out the format, and then coding it together. Of course, this will be after the current tool is done/nearly done.

Hacks I support 100% (MUST SEE!):

Very well made hacks:

My work:
Figuring out scripting in PMD
Entire script map of LeafGreen
PMDSE (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Script Editor)