View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2012 (12:43 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by XanderO:
Keep in mind in Gen 3 there weren't a lot of Gen 1 Pokemon running about.

In Gen 4 there weren't a lot of Gen 2 Pokemon running about.

Majority of the Gen 2 ones that appeared in Gen 4 were related to Gen 1 or Gen 4 Pokemon, but still they kept out a large number of them from the games until the remakes were made, this includes Legendaries.

This isn't true in B2W2. Pre-Game the Pokedez has around 32% of the Hoenn Pokemon in it and Post game I think it rises a little, since we don't have a full list I can't tell exactly how many are in but from Pokedex and Swarm alone its about 40%, this doesn't include interact-able and Pokemon that are just added to the routes and caves/Forests. The number could go up to 50% at least with all the info I'm missing.

This broke the chain for this combo, this is why I don't think we'll be getting Gen 3 remakes until Gen 6 cause that one has a high chance of having less Gen 3 Pokemon and fits the platform pattern.
I guess that game freak might have decided to skip remakes for this generation (proably due to some out there complaining about there being too many remakes). I guess it wouldn't be all that bad to have another generation start on the 3DS. It'll make Hoenn remakes even more updated and revised (maybe it'll come between the duel versions and the third version/sequels/ what ever they plan to do for the third version(s) )