View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2012 (03:38 PM).
THE HOST IS BROKEN
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by dragonomega:
I don't see how it was character development. The episode was just Iris caring for a Deino and getting it out of its shell until its trainer arrived. Iris has already been shown to have a caring side. No character development was made tbh.
Really? Did we watch the same episode or what? Are we watching the same series?

First of all, in my opinion, tbh, it was probably one of the biggest turning turning points for Iris as a character. Although you are certainly right about showing her 'caring side' her as a character is/was much more than that. It featured Deino opening its heart to Iris, which goes along perfectly with her game title "The Girl Who Knows the Hearts of Dragons" which also goes along with her goal, and also goes along pretty well with what I discussed a while ago, about the anime slowly helping Iris live her to status/role in the games.

Another point, the last time Iris had real development before that episode was the Don battle tournament which was about 15 episodes before, taking away the fact that the only development that caused was 'winning a tournament' we'd have to go further back to "Iris and Excadrill Against the Dragon Buster!" I think I've made my point. The episode was necessary.