View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2012 (09:21 AM).
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote originally posted by Robert Conley:
How do you search by offset in XSE? I'm trying to find the Oak intro speech to see if it's possible to change the female Nidoran to something else, using Advance Text I found the offset for the start of the script at 1C5C78. I took that, put it into the offset box in XSE and hit decompile. What shows up is text that says "update coins" and some hex numbers.
It shows up like that because, when you put in the offset and hit decompile, it assumes it's a script, and uses the hex values for scripting instead of letters. For instance, if you made a script, put in "msgbox 0x1C5C78 MSG_FACE", and compiled and then decompiled that same script, it'd show up as it should, because XSE would assume it was letters. That being said, I don't think XSE can search for hex values, just decompile scripts. Try using a hex editor to search for the hex values "78 5C 1C 08" and you'll find the part of the overall script that calls the message at 0x1C5C78.

Superfan of Pokemon Glazed? Click here to join the official Pokemon Glazed Facebook Page!

Thank you for hatching the eggs!
Please view these dragons! Just click them and you're done!
If you don't help them grow up, they'll die...