View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Nature: Quirky
@gam3r! - You're right, Torchic is not in this hack. The only gen3 starter that was added is Mudkip, and that was originally a joke and I just decided to go ahead with it, because I had people mention Mudkips earlier in the hack.
EDIT: Also, its not very likely that Torchic will be included in the Halloween Hack, the ones I'll be adding will primarily be dark or ghost type, to fit the theme. Like I say, Mudkip and his evolutions were originally a joke (in fact, one I almost forgot about, and the first version I released I didn't even have their stats, moves, or evolutions completely inserted yet). So I guess to make it fair, the Halloween Hack will either have all 3 RSE starters, or none of them. I'll mention it in the thread for that hack whichever way I decide on when the time comes.

@Seraphimon-sama - I'm a fan of Doctor Who, so I threw in a few references to it along with the references to other things. There are references to Classic Rock songs (For example, "Couple Jak & Diane" is a refence to the John Mellencamp song "Jack and Diane", and their text references the lyrics. There is also a Hiker who quotes the song "Round and Round" by Ratt.) There are references to internet memes (For example, the trainer in Falkner's gym that says "Cool Story, bro.") Basically I like to reference other things that I'm a fan of, and Doctor Who is one of them.
EDIT: After writing this post, I'm tempted to make a spoiler'd section in the first post that just lists all the random references to things that I tossed in for anyone who is interested in (or possibly confused by) those things.

Last edited by Mateo; June 27th, 2012 at 10:50 PM.