Thread: Red hack: Pokémon Prototype
View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2012 (08:52 AM). Edited June 30th, 2012 by Danny-E 33.
Danny-E 33
Experienced Hacker

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by !MaX! View Post
1: Are you gonna put Pokemon from other generations(or even Fakemon) like Koolboyman did?

Considering this is Red, you have a lot of space!
No, I'm not interested in adding any Pokemon beyond Gen1. And the fact that there is lots of free space doesn't really mean anything, since the size of any rom can easily be doubled
Quote:
2: Is Mew gonna be in this?
Good question. Yes it definitely will be, I just haven't decided exactly how I'm going to include it yet, so I haven't talked about it yet.
Quote:
3: I really wanna see if you can do something unique with the entire Ghost creepy-pasta from the Lavender Town!XD

For example, Koolboyman mixed it up qith Missingno!
I've thought a little bit about this, but I don't have anything in mind in particular. I'll keep thinking
Quote:
3: And now here's one thing which I don't know if it's possible since I don't know anything about rom hacking!XD

Is it possible to add a 2nd region, let's say, for example, Johto?
Hmm, this sounds interesting. Like Cartmic said, there are plenty of empty map id's so I imagine it would be possible. However I don't think those id's could be associated with the Town Map unless an additional Town Map key item was implemented to be the Town Map of a new region. I would have to get alot better at asm to do this I *imagine*. But I like the sound of that. If I did this, I wouldn't make it like koolboyman did. He included only one town from Johto and had it a blocked off section on the Town Map. I would try to have a few towns and things, and have its own Town Map and it would be kinda like a mini region. This wouldn't be very high priority, but I'll keep this in mind

EDIT: Also, the comments made by kkj1116 and !Max! are exactly the kind of replies I'm looking for:
SPECIFIC questions for me to better explain my hack
POSITIVE feeback to let me know what you really like about this hack
CONSTRUCTIVE critisism to let me know what you really don't like about this hack AND what you suggest as a better solution instead
So thank you, !Max! and kkj1116, very much! Go ahead and post anything else you want to know

Hacks made from my Pokémon Red - Gen. II Graphics Patch:
Pokemon Red Proud Eyes [Skeetendo Link] by break
Pokemon Grape [Skeetendo Link] by 80C
Pokémon Red: Battle Factory [Skeetendo Link] by ShantyTown
Pokemon Ice Blue by Dradier234
Pokemon Tough Red by slim spazzy
Pokemon Red: Legends by BroskiRage
Pokemon Brutal Blue by ScytherTM
Moderator of The